Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meeting Group for Young Writers

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭damselnat

Well, what happened here? Myself and another girl, Steph, were there but the place wasn't open, we waited round till about twenty to, what was the story??

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Snibbles11

damselnat wrote: »
    Well, what happened here? Myself and another girl, Steph, were there but the place wasn't open, we waited round till about twenty to, what was the story??

Agh, so sorry about that!! I sent emails/tweets to redirect people to Easons but not many people got it in time. Next time it will organised with military precision. Please forgive my horrific idiocy!

damselnat wrote: »

Agh, so sorry about that!! I sent emails/tweets to redirect people to Easons but not many people got it in time. Next time it will organised with military precision. Please forgive my horrific idiocy!

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Memory Of 98

Snibbles11 wrote: »
    I sent emails/tweets to redirect people to Easons but not many people got it in time.!

Well, you can say that again, especially for people who were travelling and had no access to a computer.

SORRY.

Won't happen again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Memory Of 98

Can we have the next meeting in somewhere like Kildare, so if anything goes wrong I don`t have to sit in the train station for three hours to go home.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 stephby

I was waiting outside twisted pepper with another girl, Natalie. Wasn't too disappointed as got a lovely pair of boots ha. I wouldn't be able to meet up outside Dublin if there was to be another meeting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭echo beach

Can we have the next meeting in somewhere like Kildare, so if anything goes wrong I don`t have to sit in the train station for three hours to go home.

Three hours and nothing to do but write...while others went shopping...

We know who will have the novel finished first.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭damselnat

I suggest organising it via facebook group, that way we can all post and see what the best thing is, and also if people need directions to the venue or whatever we can also put them up there

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Achillles

Wasn't able to make it as I was working. Yeah I think the facebook group is the way forward. Most people check it fairly often out of habit and a private group is handiest for keeping tabs on.

• Advertisement

I just saw this stuff about the Facebook group now. Good idea! We've got a Google group set up, I sent the link around yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 DermoLogical

If any of ye are around the Cork area, you're welcome to join us:
    We're a group of amateur writers. We meet about twice a month. No fees, no fuss, just a group of people writing and chatting about writing.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Suff

Hello,

I'm very interested in joining such group, I am 35 but don't look it, yes.. I am very fortunate! I am currently based in Letterkenny (new job) but have no problem traveling to Dublin on weekends for the meetings.

Are there any thoughts for genre?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 purewanderer

What's the craic here? I don't know if this thing got off the ground but I'd like to come along if it did. If not is anyone up for giving it another go?

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Noodles81

Hi Purewanderer, I'd be interested too, I'm looking to join a writer's group, I'm 31 but have only recently gotten back into writing, so a laid back approach sounds good to me.

Advertisement