Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pepsi V Coke...Can you tell the difference?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

Irish Halo wrote: »
    Really? They pay for/provide the machines to get exclusive rights to sell there. That is why all fast food joints of a particular type only serve one or the other, KFC does Pepsi, McDs does Coke etc. Sometimes it will also be because the parent company of the fast food company owns the soft drink company so it will be mandated that they only serve/stock their sister product. If a shop has a Pepsi fridge that will have been free but with the condition no Coca Cola or related products are stocked in it and vice versa.

Have you genuinely only come across this idea? Happens all the time with booze e.g. the Olympia not selling Guinness or Bulmers (this may not be true any more but was when I was young).
    Oh i know why, but they are putting their suppliers ahead of the customers is all I am saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Ive never done the blind test but i would imagine i could. I prefer coke from a can and pepsi from the bottle.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

Pepsi is a poor mans Coke.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Coke. Always. Death* to anyone who says different!

*maybe not death, but something unpleasant like force-feeding them with Coke.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

alwaysadub wrote: »
    Which town ?! :pac:

you know perhaps they should have a separate site called boards.du

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

Nevore wrote: »
    I can. Prefer coke here but Pepsi in the states oddly.

It's funny that you should mention that, because I feel the same way about Pepsi in Ireland. I am hopelessly addicted to Pepsi and have been for many years. I can tell you exactly where a can of Pepsi has been bottled in the United States by tasting it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

I can usually tell the difference by the label on the bottle.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,568 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭4leto

In Scotland its Irn Bru the only world market where coke is not the biggest selling soft drink.

I never tasted Irn Bru I reckon I would like it better then coke, cola is moxy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,171 ✭✭✭Goose81

Dont know how anyone couldnt tell the difference in a blind test, they dont even taste remotely similar :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭Jess16

kingtut wrote: »

I get really pissed off though if I am in a bar and I ask for a coke and the person gives me a pepsi or vice-versa. Same thing with Sprite and 7up.

If I ask for a pepsi give me a goddamn pepsi!

I ordered a Coke somewhere recently and was given Club Orange instead. I just assumed it was a mistake and said 'Oh sorry, I actually ordered Coke' and the little gremlin just looked at me and went 'Yeah, we have none' -as if my preferences are of complete irrelevance to them :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭pljudge321

4leto wrote: »
    In Scotland its Irn Bru the only world market where coke is not the biggest selling soft drink.

It tastes like tutti-frutti bubblegum.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,155 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

4leto wrote: »

pljudge321 wrote: »
    It tastes like tutti-frutti bubblegum.

It tastes like Cream Soda to me which is another type of soft drink, don't see it very often but I know there used to be a TK Cream Soda which might still be available. Love Irn Bru, tasty stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭4leto

Mickeroo wrote: »
    It tastes like Cream Soda to me which is another type of soft drink, don't see it very often but I know there used to be a TK Cream Soda which might still be available. Love Irn Bru, tasty stuff.

I remember TK cream soda that was a nice drink.

So Pepsi or Coke?? for me its looking that it might be irn bru.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,021 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

Klair88 wrote: »
    Pepsi is a poor mans Coke.

It usually retails for aroud the same price -sometimes more :confused:

Advertisement