Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonsilla Or Hansfield Railway Station?

Options
  • 16-02-2015 12:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭

Hi
    I dont know much about clonsilla side but planning to buy a property in that area
    One imp thing is the connectivity

How are clonsilla and hansfield station
    How much is parking in each one
    Do u get parking space around 830am

Also
    -What are the supermarkets nearby particularly near hansfield. I mean within 1-2km and apart from Ongar.
    -What are the development plan for the area again near ongar distribution road and hansfield. I realised there are not many good shops around so place is not that lively.

HAVE looked into multiple threads but haven't found clear info or posts are TOO old.

Anything additional info would help
    Looking for quick responses please......

Thanks !!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Firstly, parking in Hansfield is free and 2 euro per day at Clonsilla. I think you can book cheaper rates online per week or per month. The spaces fill up by about 8.30 at Clonsilla. If you are working in the IFSC/Docklands area, I recommend Hansfield as you are always guaranteed a seat on the train (bearing in mind that direct services into Docklands only operate during morning (6-9) and evening (4-7.30) peak periods.. If you need to get to work nearer Tara or Pearse station or need to connect with the Dart line then Clonsilla is better as it gets all the Maynooth to Pearse trains (otherwise you'll have to get off the Hansfield train at Clonsilla and wait for a connecting train).

As regards shopping, apart from Dunnes in Ongar, there is an Aldi and Lidl in Clonee and a Eurospar in Hartstown. Otherwise you have to go to Tesco in Roselawn or Supervalu or large Dunnes in Blanchardstown. Need a car or bus for that though.

The northside of the Ongar Distributor road is pretty completed with development. The southside near Hansfield has a new secondary Educate Together school being built alongside the recently finished primary school. 100s more homes are on the way for the area between the Distributor road and the Hansfield Station (construction has recommenced recently).

Ongar is a new village (c10 years old) so still developing. It has a large population of renters compared to owner occupiers. It has a lively community centre and sports facilies, schools, a pub that serves food, a great Indian restaurant, the usual takeaways and other normal village retailers (chemist/butchers/beauty salons etc). It has an active tidy towns committee and recently improved management companies which have helped create a cleaner and more civic pride oriented community. I have lived there for 10 years and apart from one or two fairly minor incidents regarding car damage/parts theft, have had a very peaceful and content time.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭gogreen81

Thanks Ongarboy for your response.

Well, that’s a good thing that Hansfield parking is not paid.. atleast for now. Train to docklands would work better for me I think. And trains to Pearse and tara is always handy if you are going to city centre.

Just checked the aldi and lidl on map and it a bit far for a walking distance. Now that pops of another question, is there a main street for Clonsilla.. atleast I have not seen at this side of the Ongar Distribution road. The one near train station hardly have any shops.

What is the new development called. I haven’t seen anything on daft etc. Would be interested in knowing the same as I might think of buying that instead rather than moving to an old property.

Again, Thanks for the info on schools and shopping stores around that area. Will be going there over the week and weekend to see them myself and do a short walk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Get a fold up bike. Bring it on the train, leave it in a cupboard or under a desk at work.

" parking in Hansfield is free and 2 euro per day at Clonsilla. I think you can book cheaper rates online per week or per month. The spaces fill up by about 8.30 at Clonsilla."

hi - Would that still be the case now? Parking at Clonsilla - possible to get a spot up to 8.30am? and it is 2 euro a day? Would there be much free parking at Hansfield?

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭gogreen81

reick wrote: »
    " parking in Hansfield is free and 2 euro per day at Clonsilla. I think you can book cheaper rates online per week or per month. The spaces fill up by about 8.30 at Clonsilla."

hi - Would that still be the case now? Parking at Clonsilla - possible to get a spot up to 8.30am? and it is 2 euro a day? Would there be much free parking at Hansfield?

Very limited spaces at 830 I would say. But u will have to try it out yourself . There would be a little away from the station entrance . Hansfield is also almost full I would say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,842 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Usage of the parking spaces at Clonsilla Station has increased notably since the end of last summer. I have failed to get a space for the 8.12 train on a number of occasions, so for 8.30am you would be taking your chances. Up to 7.40 is reliable I have found.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

I use Hansfield every morning and can thankfully walk to it. However I have noticed more and more car spaces are being occupied thanks no doubt to improving economy and more users aware of its benefits to their commute plans. The remaining handful of vacant spaces are about 3/4 mins walk from station as they are "on street" rather than in a car park.

PS another option for parking for Clonsilla is at the Link Road opposite Applegreen garage however they also fill up. Personally, I'm not a fan of the parking there on both sides as it makes two way traffic quite difficult at times!

Advertisement