Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Used VAT Exempt No.

Options
  • 30-06-2014 10:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I was purchasing a small item on-line this morning and when I got the checkout there was VAT included in the price.

Out of curiosity I entered my employers VAT exempt number to see if it would deduct the VAT from the total. I clicked the 'next' button, thinking it was going to show me the screen with the new price, but when the next page came up it had processed the purchase with the VAT taken off!

I couldn't go back to re-do the transaction. Now I'm really worried that my employer will get some sort of notification of this purchase and I'll get in MAJOR trouble for using the VAT exempt number, even though it was a genuine mistake and I didn't mean for the transaction to go through.

What should I do?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭tenifan

Phone the company and cancel the order immediately and you won't hear anything more about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I'm in the process of doing that now but the order has been despatched.

Can I cancel it anyway? Thanks for your help.

Advertisement