Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rangers FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2012/2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

PARKHEAD67 wrote: »
    Thought he'd be lending his support to the "other Irish team in green shirts"-the ones who dont wear poppies:D

No thanks, dont want the likes of him in our support.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

you trying to tell me we don't have those of the exact opposite way in our support ;)

you trying to tell me we don't have those of the exact opposite way in our support ;)

Not trying to tell you anything. Not sure what you mean tbh

Not trying to tell you anything. Not sure what you mean tbh

Its simple enough you said you didn't want people like Keith supporting our team I presume this is because of his at times bigoted views. I was merely stating we have bigots with opposite views to him in our support.
    See nothing to difficult
    If I am wrong about your reasons I am sure you will put me right :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

Yes. I am going to support the Irish Republic. :rolleyes:

I only support Northern Ireland for international football.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭PARKHEAD67

KeithAFC wrote: »

"You guys confuse me".As the yanks would say..

Its simple enough you said you didn't want people like Keith supporting our team I presume this is because of his at times bigoted views. I was merely stating we have bigots with opposite views to him in our support.
    See nothing to difficult
    If I am wrong about your reasons I am sure you will put me right :p

Well personally i havent come across these bigots. Idiots, yes but bigots? Yet to meet them

Really? Wow, you do surprise me.

Well personally i havent come across these bigots. Idiots, yes but bigots? Yet to meet them

Well I can deduce from this a couple of things one being you walk about with your eyes and ears shut. Another is your deluded if you believe there are no bigots in the Republic of Ireland support
    I suppose they are just having the craic

Really? Wow, you do surprise me.

I can't believe you are having a go at someone because of the country they support :confused:

• Advertisement

I can't believe you are having a go at someone because of the country they support :confused:

Eh, im not actually.

Eh, im not actually.

Ok sorry read that wrong

Well I can deduce from this a couple of things one being you walk about with your eyes and ears shut. Another is your deluded if you believe there are no bigots in the Republic of Ireland support
    I suppose they are just having the craic

Well you can deduce what you want and throw insults all you like, i honestly havent come across any bigots and ive been going to Ireland matches home and away for over 20 years. Maybe if you give a few examples?

Well you can deduce what you want and throw insults all you like, i honestly havent come across any bigots and ive been going to Ireland matches home and away for over 20 years. Maybe if you give a few examples?

Examples well being told and not just once or twice varying wordings along the lines of "Your an Orange Bastard and have no right supporting Ireland"
    "**** off and support NI you Rangers Scum" etc etc

And there wasn't any insults in what I said I will stand by it every word

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭tommyhaas

Examples well being told and not just once or twice varying wordings along the lines of "Your an Orange Bastard and have no right supporting Ireland"

Broxi, I'm not for a second condoning the above, obviously you have as much right as anyone to support Ireland

My question is, is calling someone a dob an example of bigotry? I'm not disputing that its offensive, but the reference to the orange order may not necessarily be religiously motivated

Have you been on the end of those insults? Sorry to hear that. I dont doubt there are bbigots in our support but genuinely i havent come across them.

So calling someone deluded is not an insult?? Anyway fire away, i've a thick skin

tommyhaas wrote: »
    Broxi, I'm not for a second condoning the above, obviously you have as much right as anyone to support Ireland

My question is, is calling someone a dob an example of bigotry? I'm not disputing that its offensive, but the reference to the orange order may not necessarily be religiously motivated

Sorry mate thats a cop out the orange order is A Protestant religious organisation same as the Knights and the Hibernian's are RC ones and as I am neither Orange or a Bastard then its bigoted

Have you been on the end of those insults? Sorry to hear that. I dont doubt there are bbigots in our support but genuinely i havent come across them.

So calling someone deluded is not an insult?? Anyway fire away, i've a thick skin

Yes I have and many more of a similar type

I will apologise what I said I was a wee bit angry and the no bigots comment but that is no excuse for my behaviour

Sorry mate thats a cop out the orange order is A Protestant religious organisation same as the Knights and the Hibernian's are RC ones and as I am neither Orange or a Bastard then its bigoted

This is my point though, they're not a religion, they're separate to the religion. People may have legitimate gripes with the Orange order that aren't religiously motivated, so I think the argument could be made that the term dob, while highly offensive, is not sectarian

Yes I have and many more of a similar type

I will apologise what I said I was a wee bit angry and the no bigots comment but that is no excuse for my behaviour

You're apologising to me??:confused: No need, i can throw it out so dont mind taking it

• Advertisement

tommyhaas wrote: »
    This is my point though, they're not a religion, they're separate to the religion. People may have legitimate gripes with the Orange order that aren't religiously motivated, so I think the argument could be made that the term dob, while highly offensive, is not sectarian

Try telling that to Police in Scotland along with the term Fenian Bastard the point is they used the tern OB to mean Protestant of that I have no doubt so in my mind its bigoted

You're apologising to me??:confused: No need, i can throw it out so dont mind taking it

Yes I can admit when I am wrong and I said these things in temper I presume you didn't realise we had some lowlifes in our support because you have had no reason to encounter them

And you will find I am always man enough to apologise if its warranted ;)

Try telling that to Police in Scotland along with the term Fenian Bastard the point is they used the tern OB to mean Protestant of that I have no doubt so in my mind its bigoted

Yea point taken

It seems celtic fans have nothing to talk about in regards to their own team, so the next best thing is to talk about The Rangers.

It seems celtic fans have nothing to talk about in regards to their own team, so the next best thing is to talk about The Rangers.

Oh I think they will have plenty to talk about now

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

PauloMN wrote: »

Not really Paul they have been hitting us a lot harder than you so those numbers don't surprise me I won't be surprised to see you lot catch up fairly soon ;)

Even funnier you are trying to take some sort of moral high ground with these numbers

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Not really Paul they have been hitting us a lot harder than you so those numbers don't surprise me I won't be surprised to see you lot catch up fairly soon ;)

Even funnier you are trying to take some sort of moral high ground with these numbers

Not at all, just keeping things in perspective mate. Are you suggesting The Rangers have been unfairly targetted?

This below is taking moral high ground if ever I saw it:

PauloMN wrote: »

Not at all, just keeping things in perspective mate. Are you suggesting The Rangers have been unfairly targetted?

This below is taking moral high ground if ever I saw it:

Hardly taking the moral high ground I pointed out you would have plenty to talk about
    No I am not suggesting that at all as I have said we deserve all we get of morons sing songs
    But there seems to be some sort of shock among many tic fans that you are being liked at and that is what I find funny for years a significant amount have sung songs glorifying a proscribed terrorist organisation and got away with it I don't think they will anymore
    As I have repeatedly said I remember when songs were sung and people just got on with it.

• Advertisement

It is always off the field discussions these days with celtic fans. If it isn't the tax case, it is offensive singing. Perhaps a discussion on how The Rangers are walking to the title would be good. And I say that because it seems no matter how bad the result is for celtic, Neil Lennon will still have a job.

It is rather incredible. Any other manager and he would be sacked by now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement