Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rod License, is it still required

Options
  • 14-08-2007 10:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭

Is the Rod License still required for fresh water fishing, not salmon/sea trout.

how much is it annually and is that for 12months from when you purchase for a fishing season?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

deponds where you are, for the suck valley in roscommon and most of the lakes in the shannon reigon a licence is required

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭learnerplates

Ah that's where the confusion lies for me then, that's where I used to live and fish from time to time. I see no mention of it around Galway City!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

You need a salmon lisence to fish the corrib river in galway.
    Fishing on lough corrib is free.

That's only if you are fishing for Salmon/Sea Trout, if your not then I think you don't need that particular license.

I'm not 100% sure how it works.

How are you goin to distinguish what your fishing for if you use worms or spinners?

Youd be run out of there with no license

• Advertisement

Well now we're getting down to the nitty gritty, in reality do you need some sort of license to fish on a river, the Corrib river for instance, even if your just fishing for anything, using spinners/worm/bread whatever?

I don't expect to catch a salmon (I presume their caught with fly, usually), I don't know about sea trout.

I'll be fishing the corrib with worm and maybe spinner from time to time, I'm not fishing for anything in particular but would like trout, do I need a rod license or salmon license?

thanks for the help.

If your fishing a worm on the corrib river your very likely to catch a salmon , so in truth , you need the license

Advertisement