Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HL Biology Help!!!

Options
  • 21-09-2014 2:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi everyone,
    So I just started fifth year and unfortunately was put into a biology class with the worst teacher I've ever had. Most people in the class got an A in science for the JC including myself, and despite this everyone is already struggling. Nearly half the class has asked to be moved but nothing has been done. My question is, should I basically teach myself the entire course and take time away from other subjects, or just not study at all and end up doing ordinary level? I don't want any sort of science related career and already have 8 subjects so I don't have to count it. I've also talked to his 6th years (also an A class) and there's some of them who went to the principal and just dropped the subject entirely and study instead during the class time because they found teaching themselves so time consuming.

Sorry for the rant but I'm honestly shocked that a teacher can be given a class capable of getting A's when they're unable to teach!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭LauraaWhelann

Enhaha wrote: »
    Hi everyone,
    So I just started fifth year and unfortunately was put into a biology class with the worst teacher I've ever had. Most people in the class got an A in science for the JC including myself, and despite this everyone is already struggling. Nearly half the class has asked to be moved but nothing has been done. My question is, should I basically teach myself the entire course and take time away from other subjects, or just not study at all and end up doing ordinary level? I don't want any sort of science related career and already have 8 subjects so I don't have to count it. I've also talked to his 6th years (also an A class) and there's some of them who went to the principal and just dropped the subject entirely and study instead during the class time because they found teaching themselves so time consuming.

Sorry for the rant but I'm honestly shocked that a teacher can be given a class capable of getting A's when they're unable to teach!

Biology is a seriously manageable subject so don't give up on it, obviously a good teacher is important but if you are an A science student you should be able to go far on your own! I did have a good teacher but the effort I put in was the reason for my result so don't give up just yet :)

Advertisement