Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Lamborghini Urus

Options
  • 21-04-2012 11:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 64,943 ✭✭✭✭

A worthy successor to the Lamborghini Militaria 002?

Pics leaked

Lamborghini-Urus-rear-side-leak.jpg&h=417&w=625&zc=1

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

unkel wrote: »

Pics leaked

Tenner says its been photoshopped into that photo. No way it made it up there with those tyres.

Looks awful to be honest. At least the LM002 was completely barmy and needed an oil field to run.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

...soon to be referred to as the uterus ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

This is what happens when Audi takes over. Soon we'll be told that Lamborghini needs a premium compact coupe, an urban city car ...

They've just bought Ducati. I give it 3 years before the first LED festooned 2 wheeled chav mobile appears. Idiots ruining what are brilliant brands :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭AugustusMinimus

Owen wrote: »
    This is what happens when Audi takes over. Soon we'll be told that Lamborghini needs a premium compact coupe, an urban city car ...

They've just bought Ducati. I give it 3 years before the first LED festooned 2 wheeled chav mobile appears. Idiots ruining what are brilliant brands :mad:

Weren't Lambo borderline bankrupt when Audi bought them ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Does it matter? Lamborghini made some of the most incredible vehicles, and under direction from Audi and using tech sharing it's grand to produce something which still is a Lamborghini with Audi climate control switches, etc, but an SUV is just taking the piss.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64,943 ✭✭✭✭unkel

You've got a point. Lamborghini are making 1,500 cars a year now. The plan is to build 3,000 of this Urus alone per annum, so effectively tripling Lamborghini output...

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭ianofitz

Sure its not only Lamborghini thats building all these pointless cars. Bentley released pictures of its new SUV, Aston Martin brought out a small urban car(same as the Toyota iQ) a couple of years back. Unfortunately its the way car makers are going, and in years to come all that will be available will be electric cars.... its being ruined by the minute!

Ah but if it keeps the brands alive, I think it's ok.. Rather this along with the supercars than them going bankrupt and disappearing.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

oh goodie, one more SUV, which is useless at being SUV... :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

unkel wrote: »

Pics leaked

Looks like a heavily photoshopped RR evoque to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭101sean

Looks like an Evoque on steroids.

Land Rover can't build Evoques fast enough for certain markets, others are obviously looking to cash in on this to the mega rich with no taste.

The LM002 was around the same time the US military were developing what eventually became the Humvee/Hummer. Nearest I got to owning one was the Tamiya R/C version :D

getuserimage.asp?t=g&id=img41_29072002185712_1_350.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 23,318 ✭✭✭✭ted1

I persume this are all for Asian and middle east market.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

ted1 wrote: »
    I persume this are all for Asian and middle east market.

.....and footballists.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

LM002 was probably the coolest SUV ever, an Italian Humvee. This is a sham, made solely for the Chinese market and premiership footballers, compete tack.

Will it even be produced though? Look at all the pointless concepts Lambo has come up with over the years and none of them went into production. I'd be genuinely surprised if this does.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭MikeyReilly

These SUV's are the cash cows the supercar makers need to raise funds to keep developing the supercars of the future. Sure Porsche sell more Cayanne's than the 911 worldwide.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Look!

A Q7 on steroids! :eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

First impression was its very similar to an Audi Q7

And I didn't know Audi owed lambo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

Lambos are for attention-seeking noveau-riche. No class. This isn't any different.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,282 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

pburns wrote: »
    noveau-riche.

a buzz word only used by the jealous and poor.

But this thing is horrible, it and the evoque are just the ugly ducklings of the SUV world

• Registered Users Posts: 28,856 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

a buzz word only used by the jealous and poor.

But this thing is horrible, it and the evoque are just the ugly ducklings of the SUV world

That kind of suggests that there are some swans out there in the SUV world.

• Advertisement
Advertisement