Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

People are arseholes - panel beater needed

• 27-08-2010 10:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭

So come out to my car today at lunch time and find that some f***ing prick has gouged out, right down to the metal, a massive scratch across the rear door and panal.:mad: No info left, noone saw anything but I have a feeling it was the "across the road" neighbor's windows cleaning man - drives a beatup nissan or focus with ladders on the roof.

Since this arsehole window cleaner (Rio or something he was called) has no contact details and Ive no proof anyway -looks like I'll be paying for the repair myself.

So anyone know a decent body shop around the Templeogue area that I can get a quote from - want a good job. Tried one place already- said Id need to have both door and rear panel completely done otherwise you would spot a "cloudy" area on the repair - is this right ? quoted me 500 quid - which sounded a bit steep ?

Any recommendations - willing to travel a bit(if needed) for a decent and reasonably priced job.

125700.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭peanuthead

bloody hell, sorry to see and hear that OP, that is crap. There is nothing worse than when something like that happens. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

What a pain in the rocks :mad:

That sounds alright price-wise but in panel beating, you get what you pay for. If the car's very new/ expensive and it has to be right, I'd be expecting more. A five star job would normally cost more, IME.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭kyote00

I have used carcraft.ie twice in the last year - both results were very good.

Unfortunalely the "bump and run" is a wide spread problem.... the only solution is to park carefully away from the (m)asses....

In the past, I dinged the bumper of a car in the UK outside a IKEA store. Tried to page the car reg etc but after an hour had to leave. I left my details on his window. He phoned me later to thank me and say he'd sort it out himself....karma lives....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

If it's a bodyshop, 500 is cheap. I'd go back before he changes his mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Thats nasty. Is that an E39?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

You don't need a panal beater you need The A-Team to track the fecker down!

I used a place in Churchtown beside the Toyota garage and found him reasonable.

Can't remember his name but the garage recommended him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭voxpop

Yeah its an E39 - but an old one (97). Had a day off today - so usually wouldnt even be there.:(
    The car itself probably isnt worth a huge amount and has a few small scratches so dont really want to spend an awful lot - still a bad job would annoy me - is the guy in the bodyshop right about the paint looking cloudy if they only fixed that one area ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Have a look on the end of your mans ladder next time you see it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 95 ✭✭mayflyatr

Sorry to hear this, I have a friend who has a crash repair garage in Co.Dublin. I can PM you details if you would like to give him a call for a price?

Let me know,

Nick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

voxpop wrote: »
    is the guy in the bodyshop right about the paint looking cloudy if they only fixed that one area ?

Kinda. It's the lacquer which will look cloudy. Unless you're good with fade out thinners and know exactly where to stop the new lacquer, it's difficult to get a good quality finish without relacquering the entire door and quarter panel. If you stop lacquering half way across the panel, where it finishes ends up being a cloudy haze.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Merch

voxpop wrote: »
    So come out to my car today at lunch time and find that some f***ing prick has gouged out, right down to the metal, a massive scratch across the rear door and panal.:mad: No info left, noone saw anything but I have a feeling it was the "across the road" neighbor's windows cleaning man - drives a beatup nissan or focus with ladders on the roof.

Since this arsehole window cleaner (Rio or something he was called) has no contact details and Ive no proof anyway -looks like I'll be paying for the repair myself.

So anyone know a decent body shop around the Templeogue area that I can get a quote from - want a good job. Tried one place already- said Id need to have both door and rear panel completely done otherwise you would spot a "cloudy" area on the repair - is this right ? quoted me 500 quid - which sounded a bit steep ?

Any recommendations - willing to travel a bit(if needed) for a decent and reasonably priced job.

125700.jpg

that quote sounds ok, I was quoted more but the person that did mine left a much bigger gouge in my car, sick when I saw it. I guess said excuse for a person that did mine pissed off as they knew they would have to pay up, if i saw someone doing that to my or anyone elses car I'd flip (well assuming I saw them making off that is), I'd inform the owner with glee who the perpetrator was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 838 ✭✭✭Wats_in_a_name

Theres a place in Monkstown Pauls Crash repairs is the name afaik. They fixed my front door & sill for €380. Might be worth giving them a call.

Car before repair

24qk9w4.jpg

Don't have an after shot but its like brand new! Picture doesn't give justice to just how much I dented the car!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Merch

€380 thats good for that damage, mine wasn't as bad as that but it cost more, I'll see if i have a before pic but I think it was on a phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 838 ✭✭✭Wats_in_a_name

I know. First place I went to wanted €1,100 second place wanted €860 or so. Was on my way home after deciding I couldn't afford it and spotted this place. Was amazed at the value.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 335 ✭✭voteforpedro

Jeez dude that is so f***in annoying!!! i have heard good reports about dennings up the road also

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭RandomAccess

Theres a place in Monkstown Pauls Crash repairs is the name afaik. They fixed my front door & sill for €380. Might be worth giving them a call.

Car before repair

24qk9w4.jpg

Don't have an after shot but its like brand new! Picture doesn't give justice to just how much I dented the car!

Jaysus.. was that a stealth bollard or a wall!

Advertisement