Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football Tips Thread V

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

inforfun wrote: »
    On Eagles DC myself.

So if Feyenoord take their chances today, it could just as easily end 0-4 for them but i fear this missing of chances is getting into their heads.

And 4-0 it finished ..... I could at least have put €5 on that :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 52 ✭✭paul8209

France Ligue 2 betting preview: Clermont- Troyes

Troyes got back to winning ways last Tuesday. They won that 4-1 with Ghislain Gimbert (see above) scoring twice, I have been spot on with these strikers to follow in recent weeks and having broken his duck for the season, it is very hard not to see him being productive over the next few weeks and mirroring his form of last season, but and there is always a but, he has been left out tonight by coach Jean-Marc Furlan who marches to the beat of his own drum and is not your archetypal Ligue 2 boss. He has opted to go with Henri Bienvenu and five goal Corentin Jean upfront. Jean picks himself and it is clear Bienvenu and Gimbert will battle to lead the line and that they want to persevere with the former as long as possible, as they "broke the bank" to bring him in (even free transfers cost money) and he was wanted by several of the top Turkish clubs, having been prolific and having gained Champions League experience at Young Boys, Fenerbahce and Eskisehirspor, averaging a goal or assist every 119 minutes throughout his career. On the day his signing was announced, Furlan said "With this signature, we send a message to our audience: we want to be the strongest, the best. "We want to continually advance the club ." However, Bienvenu will know now that he is competing with Gimbert and that can only be good for the visitors. Rincon returns to central defence replacing Florian Jarjat and this is a strong squad , full of goals, 19 in their last 9 competitive away starts, which included a 3-0 win here in Clermont at the end of last season.

Troyes will go top of Ligue 2 with a point, but all three would give them a healthy five point advantage over Nancy who are currently in fourth and given their normal style of play, it is impossible to see them coming here looking for anything other than a maximum return.

The visitors are 2-2-0 in Monday night road games, which all came against "big name" teams ( Nantes twice, Sochaux and Brest), Clermont are regulars in the televised fixture, but have only won one of the last 12, losing 7 of 9. Last of which was a 2-1 defeat at Valenciennes seven days ago.

They were two down there, but again scored very late, striker Idriss Saadi scored his sixth goal of the season and that is a wonderful return for a struggling team who have only managed five other goals and the scorer of two of those, Souleymane Sawadogo is missing this evening. They get Bockhorni back tonight, but still look short in terms of the backline and heavily reliant on Saadi, who will be watched like a hawk, upfront. He actually has 12 goals in 18 starts across the end of last and this season, but came up short in the aforementioned heavy home defeat to Troyes and the visitors will be confident they can again stop the supply to the 22yo, who must have a host of scouts watching his every move.

A win will take Clermont out of the bottom three and with a daunting trip to Dijon on Friday their only other start for 19 days, they will surely give everything to collect the win and that, I feel, will play into the hands of Troyes, who would be happy to go toe to toe and end to end, with any Ligue 2 team .

1.5 units Troyes -0.25 ball 2.20 asian line/Sportmarket.

Clermont : L'Hostis, Jeannin,Agounon, Avinel, Bockhorni, Martin, Lippini,Betsch, Capelle, Diogo, Ekobo, Hamdi, Moulin, Novillo, Salibur, Vidémont,Saadi.

Troyes: Denis Petric - Franck Grandel - Rincon - Matthieu Saunier - Lionel Carole - Guillaume Lacour - Quentin Othon - Jessy Pi - Thomas Ayasse - Benjamin Nivet - Yoann Court - Stéphane Darbion - Karim Azamoum - Khassa Camara - Henri Bienvenu - Corentin Jean.

Key stat: Troyes have led at the break in all three road wins this season and in their last five away victories in all comps.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Slimseamie wrote: »
    Bit early with this but Roma 4/1 vs Man City away in the champions league is in my opinion a great price with the double chance being 6/5, City are formidable at home (except vs Stoke) but as I speak they have thrown away a 2 goal lead versus Hull and I think a Roma team top of Serie A, full of confidence and plenty of class (de rossi, totti, pjanic, iturbe,) are a huge price, now City will probably still win at Hull today but they have defensive issues that Roma are definitely capable of capitalising on.

De Rossi is out for a month and tbh Serie A is not the best league anymore, really only two good teams in it, Roma and Juve.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Slimseamie

Warper wrote: »
    De Rossi is out for a month and tbh Serie A is not the best league anymore, really only two good teams in it, Roma and Juve.

They really should of won the game, did pretty well for a 4/1 outsider! double chance succeeded at 6/5 anyway so not so bad, serie a still alive and kicking

PSV decided to only fly today to Moskou for tomorrows EL match vs Dynamo.
    But they havent left yet as their plane is grounded due to mist.
    Might even have to travel to another airport first before they can go direction Moskou.

Not on the plane are: Depay, De Jong, Hiljemark and a couple of other, long terms patients.

Dynamo won away to Panathinaikos 2 weeks ago with what looks like their strongest 11 so i take it they will take the EL serious enough.

Odds for a Dynamo win are dropping but @1.75 it still isnt bad. (Hills still @1,83)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Slimseamie wrote: »
    They really should of won the game, did pretty well for a 4/1 outsider! double chance succeeded at 6/5 anyway so not so bad, serie a still alive and kicking

Youre right they should have won. Bar the early meltdown by Maicon they would have

Europa League :Wolfsburg- Lille

We opposed Wolfsburg on group Matchday 1 when they made the trip to Goodison to play Everton ....

"Roberto Martinez has spoken of taking the competition seriously and we know that Spanish teams usually do, so maybe it is in his blood. Having earned their first win of the season at WBA over the weekend, there is good reason to feel that they will keep that momentum going and to build on it. If they have desire to progress, it will of course not be at the expense of their league campaign and with a long trip to Krasnodar up next and that match sandwiched between away trips to Liverpool and Manchester United, their two biggest rivals, it is fair to assume that they will be looking for the points today and then spare one or two the long trip East in two weeks time. Samuel Eto’o sat out the weekend game, but looks sure to start tonight and with no new injuries and the treatment room emptying, Martinez will surely name a strong starting eleven. His team have scored at least twice in all three starts and whilst they have conceded just as freely, Wolfsburg do not pose quite the threat of Arsenal and Chelsea and motivation for German clubs in the competition has been a little questionable in recent seasons and the domestic schedule tends not to do them any favours, with teams sometimes asked to play Thursday-Saturday. Wolfsburg do get a Sunday match this week, hosting Bayer Leverkusen and having made a slow start to the season, that might be the main focus of their week, against a direct rival for a top 4 spot, of which only two are realistically up for grabs.

Everton's record signing Romelu Lukaku was reportedly close to signing for Wolfsburg in the summer, but looking at the direction they finally went in...Nicklas Bendtner, it is hard to believe they were ever really going to spend close to 35m €. They have said that Luis Gustavo and Kevin De Bruyne will be fit to play some part, but the pair have looked a little off the pace since returning late from the World Cup, this looks a good time for Everton to play Wolfsburg."

They lost 4-1, but to say the scoreline was flattering to the EPL side is an understatement and Wolves dominated most of the second half, they had little luck and had to wait until injury time before scoring one of their 27 attempts on goal ( 13 on target). They put that right on the Sunday, beating a strong Leverkusen team 4-1 and have subsequently also beaten Weder Bremen here at the Volkswagenarena. They have scored 27 goals in their last 11 home starts, only losing to Bayern and again look to be giving the competition respect and tonight their best shot. I doubt the same is true of Lille, they have already dropped home points to Krasnodar , have a realistic shot at a Champions League spot and face a difficult trip to Lyon on Sunday. They are already without four midfielders in Rio Manuba, Marvin Martin, Marcos Lopes and Jonathan Delaplace and can ill afford to lose anyone else (only four real midfielders have made the trip tonight) and I expect resistance will drop if and when they concede.

1.5 units Wolfsburg -1 ball 2.16 asian line/Sportmarket.

Wolfsburg : Benaglio, Grün - Jung, Naldo, Knoche, R.Rodriguez, T.Klose, Schäfer - Guilavogui, Malanda, Luiz Gustavo, De Bruyne, Hunt, Arnold, Perisic, Vieirinha - Olic, Bendtner.

Lille : Enyeama, Elana, Butez – Corchia, Souaré, D.Sidibé, Basa, Kjaer, Rozehnal, Soumaoro, Béria – Balmont, I.Gueye, S.Meïté, Ad.Traoré – Roux, R.Mendes, Rodelin, Origi, Frey.

PSV decided to only fly today to Moskou for tomorrows EL match vs Dynamo.
    But they havent left yet as their plane is grounded due to mist.
    Might even have to travel to another airport first before they can go direction Moskou.

Not on the plane are: Depay, De Jong, Hiljemark and a couple of other, long terms patients.

Dynamo won away to Panathinaikos 2 weeks ago with what looks like their strongest 11 so i take it they will take the EL serious enough.

Odds for a Dynamo win are dropping but @1.75 it still isnt bad. (Hills still @1,83)

1-0 ... injury time but i ll take it

Had some spare time and went looking for teams that played midweek in Europe and had only 2 days between the european match and their next league match.
    And then take the DC against them.
    There were quite a few more but they play opposition that was rather hopeless. (Salzburg, Dortmund and a few others.

ICjplqv.jpg

Tiny stake on it but work out @21 or thereabouts.

Why this 2 day rule?

This is why (pdf alert)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

Had some spare time and went looking for teams that played midweek in Europe and had only 2 days between the european match and their next league match.
    There were quite a few more but they play opposition that was rather hopeless. (Salzburg, Dortmund and a few others.

ICjplqv.jpg

Why this 2 day rule?

This is why (pdf alert)

Away games is another good one to look out for with that 2 day recovery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,243 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

ICjplqv.jpg

Why this 2 day rule?

This is why (pdf alert)

Southampton and oostende are tomorrow!

Southampton and oostende are tomorrow!

I know.
    They played thursday.
    Well, Lokeren did.

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭CriticEyes

New York Red Bulls -0.5asian 1.650 (large)
    Bradley Wright Phillips to score 5/6

Over the past 10 home games New York have not lost a game. Winning 8 and drawing 2.
    Houston have one of the worst away records in the league. Lost 10 and drew 2 out of 14 away games. Conceding the 2nd most in the league away from home. To add to that. The last time Houston beat New York at home was back in 2005. 12 games have been played since and not once have Houston beat them in New York since bak in 2005.

Bradley Wright Phillips as ye know is always a bet for me. He's on fire and lethal in the MLS. 28 appearances (3 as a sub) and 24 goals. I expect him to add to that tonight. 7 goals in his last 8 appearances 8 goals in his last 6 apperances at home. Should get at least one goal tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭CriticEyes

CriticEyes wrote: »
    New York Red Bulls -0.5asian 1.650 (large)
    Bradley Wright Phillips to score 5/6

Over the past 10 home games New York have not lost a game. Winning 8 and drawing 2.
    Houston have one of the worst away records in the league. Lost 10 and drew 2 out of 14 away games. Conceding the 2nd most in the league away from home. To add to that. The last time Houston beat New York at home was back in 2005. 12 games have been played since and not once have Houston beat them in New York since bak in 2005.

Bradley Wright Phillips as ye know is always a bet for me. He's on fire and lethal in the MLS. 28 appearances (3 as a sub) and 24 goals. I expect him to add to that tonight. 7 goals in his last 8 appearances 8 goals in his last 6 apperances at home. Should get at least one goal tonight.

I've no idea how BWP didn't score a hattrick in that game never mind not even get one!! I can't believe the chances he had and the amount of them and he missed them all. Anyway at least my main bet comes in and the in play bet! Get in Red Bulls! FT 1-0 :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,455 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

I had them in a double to score 2 or more second half goals, was going to put the winnings on utd to win btts, much smaller bet now. Watch it sail in!!

Spain La Liga betting preview: Celta Vigo- Villarreal

Celta Vigo- Villarreal

Celta Vigo are unbeaten (3-3-0) and have been playing at a high level for the best part of a year, averaging over 1.63 points per game over their last 30 La Liga starts, which equates to 62 points over a full season, enough for sixth spot in each of the last two seasons and a Champions League spot in the two campiagns prior to that. They were scoring freely in pre season and against decent opposition and have carried that trait into the new season. The work that Luis Enrique begun, as been seemlessly carried on by Eduardo Berizzo and he is not afraid to rotate and use his squad, he made five changes from the team which won the Galacian derby with Deportivo for the trip to Eibar last week, where they took the spoils with a late goal and that depth will serve them well. However, he explained that the changes were not about simply resting players, saying :The team must be able to absorb changes and keep moving forward. The rotation of players shouldn’t be purely for allowing people game time, it should also enhance the team simultaneously.”

They are without Augusto Fernandez today, but he would have been very likely to have started and are otherwise at full strength.

Villarreal had a very pleasing first season back in the top flight posting a 6th place finish, that was not totally unexpected.

They strengthened in the summer and here we have two teams both looking to break into the top 4, or at least challenge. Long term I feel the visitors have the greater potential, but right now Celta are playing with a lot of confidence and the visitors look short defensively without Rukavina, Musacchio, Jokic and Jume Costa. That means just five defenders have made the trip, one has not played this season, another is just 17yo, they also played on Thursday in the Europa League and all 11 starters there, including the four likley defenders today started and that is far from ideal. Meanwhile, Vigo played on Friday of last week, so have had a full nine days to rest and prepare for this. H2h wise, Celta have not lost to Villarreal at home in the living memory of most players and took took four points off them last season.

1.5 units Celta Vigo -0.25 ball 2.21 asina line/Sportmarket.

Villarreal: Asenjo , Juan Carlos, Mario, Adrián Marín, Gabriel, Dorado , Víctor Ruiz, Trigueros, Bruno, Jonathan dos Santos, Cheryshev, Espinosa, Moi Gómez , Cani, Uche, Giovani, Gerard , Vietto.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Chelsea v Arsenal
    Calum Chambers to be shown a card 43/20

He's been booked in all 4 league starts.

Got on at 5/2 but price has been cut while posting.
    http://gyazo.com/c70e07270e6d36806823517df1ccdf18

magherakid wrote: »
    Chelsea v Arsenal
    Calum Chambers to be shown a card 43/20

He's been booked in all 4 league starts.

Got on at 5/2 but price has been cut while posting.
    http://gyazo.com/c70e07270e6d36806823517df1ccdf18

22mins :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,455 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    I had them in a double to score 2 or more second half goals, was going to put the winnings on utd to win btts, much smaller bet now. Watch it sail in!!

Typical!!

Real Madrid v Athletic Bilbao
    First Half Goals Over 1.5 11/10

Last 6 league meetings between these two at the Bernabeu seen at least 2 first half goals

• Advertisement

magherakid wrote: »
    Real Madrid v Athletic Bilbao
    First Half Goals Over 1.5 11/10

Last 6 league meetings between these two at the Bernabeu seen at least 2 first half goals

2-0 HT :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭fuzzydunlop85

Was this for real goals or total ?? Seems mad big price if for total goals, good spot.

Was this for real goals or total ?? Seems mad big price if for total goals, good spot.

Total http://gyazo.com/ce3b4b1637916382c49c864d63b2c0c4

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Chrissybhoy

Bolton U21 vs Derby U21

Derby are 19/10 to win tonight their mid table in their league and have won their last two games. Bolton are a club in a mess their first team bottom of the champ also their 21s bottom of their respective league. Derby could turn them over at a good price

Derby U21 win 19/10

What is the deal with all the chat in the Football Tips thread?

Could be an idea to open a separate International break thread or something like it?

We previewed the reverse fixture at the weekend ......"I feel it will be very tough for Timbers to win this, with injury and suspension ripping the heart out of the visitors, robbing them of two of the most influential midfielders in the MLS.

San Jose have a limited amount to play for, but are courting a new coach in Dominic Kinnear ( good choice, see above) and will want to impress and despite a ten match unbeaten run, they are better than that and have served us pretty well this season , especially with the 5-1 demolition of Chicago Fire, which was a "double " win and defeat of Seattle Sounders in the brand spanking new Levi's Stadium and they also drew 3-3 in Portland recently, where they led 2-0 and 3-2.

Timbers are without both Diego Valeri and Will Johnson. Over the last two seasons Valeri has missed just three matches, none this season, through which he has scored 20 goals and had 27 (!) assists and 163 attempts on goal, Johnson has only missed seven , he plays deeper, but has 17 goals and is the driving force in the team, Valeri the standout player. They have (very) occasionally had to deal without one, but now both are out together and it must feel like they are going into battle with a couple of limbs missing."

Earthquakes led there through a Chris Wondolowski goal, before Timbers found two late goals, it was a gritty hard earned win, which didn't look like coming, but missing their two most important players, it said plenty about the spirit in the squad and a follow up win tonight, would give the edge in that race for 5th place over Whitecaps, who do not play until Friday, when they visit Seattle, so three hugely valuable points up for grabs for the hosts. They will be without right back Alvas Powell who is away on international duty, he has just forced his way into a regular starting place, but his absence is more than compensated for by the missing on the other side of the pitch and return of Diego Valeri ( see above).

San Jose have lost central defender Victor Bernardez, midfielders Atiba Harris and Cordell Cato and striker Wondolowski to international duty, right back Pablo Pintos was sent off as time expired on Sunday and is suspended. All five played in that game, four as starters, the loss of Bernandez is huge with Clarence Goodson injured long term, Wondo is far and away their biggest offensive threat with 14 goals this season (three against Timbers) and 87 in the last five campaigns .

The two teams met here in Portland a month ago, that ended 3-3, Wondo and Cato scored all three between them, Valeri assisted for all three Timbers goals, with the hosts having a club record 32 attempts on goal, they also had 40 crosses into the box and with the visitors without a starting central defender tonight , that kind of relentless pressure is likely to be rewarded , especially with so much on the line.

1.5 units Portland Timbers -1 ball 2.12 asian line/Sportmarket.

They scored two on the road without Valeri, three at home last month and it should have been five, 2.75-2.90 for Portland to score over 2.5 goals looks big.

Brazil Serie A: Botafogo-Palmeiras

This falls into the two struggling teams camp. We looked at Palmeiras last midweek, when they hosted Chapecoense....

"Our last preview of a Chapecoense match is reproduced at the foot of the email (see last Thursday's newsletter), they won that 3-0 and subsequently took a point against Criciuma, thereby collecting the four we spoke of. They led at the break in the latter and looked on course for all three points, but defensive midfielder Bruno Silva was dismissed just before half time and the visitors found a way back. He is suspended tonight and is a loss, when he plays Chap average 1.67 points per game, 0.81 without him and also concede almost half a goal more per start and he has become increasingly influential. The visitors are talking up a good game, claiming to be coming for all three points and have spoken about their solid recod in recent starts in SP, having taken four points from games against Corinthians and Sao Paulo and have prepared for this in identical fashion. However, they are 0-1-6 on the road without Silva and Palmeiras have scored in 9 of their last 11 at home and their last five starts have averaged 3.8 goals, two struggling teams and these two are well and truly in the relegation scrap, usually means goals and it is hard to see how the visitors can get anything from this without scoring at least once.

Hosts are in better shape than for some time, with the return of Lucius, Juninho, Tobio, Wesley and Leandro and possibly Valdivia (awaiting decision from the disiplinary committee) and will be up for this, which on paper is their easiest match for the forseeable future (they play four of the top 8 this month) and one where three points could take them out of the drop zone. I am torn between the home win and "over" option, but priced this as circa 1.95 Palmeiras (they are 2.0) and a full quarter goal more in terms of the goal line, so the decision is made for me."

That ended 4-2 and it is very difficult to see Palmeiras keep a clean sheet against anyone right now, but they have started scoring again. The same is true of the hosts and these two have conceded 2+ goals each on average over their last 10 starts in all comps.

Botafogo are in turmoil on and off the pitch and look in trouble and will do well to avoid relegation, the next three games, all of which are at home are likely to decide their fate, on paper, this is the easiest ( Corinthians and Recife up next), but is against a better rested opponent ( two extra days recovery time) who are also battling for survival. hosts are without starting keeper Jefferson and back up Andrey, that will mean a start for Helton Leite , who has not made a first team start in 13 months, or even played a B team game in over six and has very limited experience. Last three h2h meetings here have gone over and both have scored in 8 from 10 and I expect more of the same this evening.

1.5 units "over" 2.5 goals 2.20 asian line/Sportmarket.

There are 3 matches today involving Dutch U"something" today.

Start with one that is just a friendly:

Netherlands U20 - Turkey U20
    This is being played in Holland as part of a 4-country friendly tournament, Germany and England the other participants.
    Squad consist of players too old for the U19's that also play today and not good enough or too young for the U21's, also playing today.

Squad for the U20's:
    Yassin Ayoub (FC Utrecht), Peet Bijen (FC Twente), Wessel Dammers (Feyenoord), Alvin Daniels (FC Twente), Huseyin Dogan (Sparta Rotterdam), Maarten de Fockert (sc Heerenveen), Hans Hateboer (FC Groningen), Thom Haye (AZ), Wesley Hoedt (AZ), Vincent Janssen (Almere City), Rick Karsdorp (Feyenoord), Ricardo Kishna (Ajax), Dean Koolhof (De Graafschap), Bas Kuipers (Excelsior), Clint Leemans (PSV), Peter Leeuwenburgh (Ajax), Derrick Luckassen (AZ), Elvio van Overbeek (PSV), Kenny Tete (Ajax), Rai Vloet (PSV), Jordy de Wijs (PSV) en Lucas Woudenberg (Feyenoord).

That is by no means a bad squad. There is quite a few of them playing in the Jupiler league for Jong Ajax/PSV and the ones i put in bold have a good portion of Eredivisie experience.

Thing with these kind of teams is, will they click.
    Dont know anything about Turkey U20 but i reckon 2-1 for one or the other is on the boards here.

Netherlands U19 playing Andorra U19

Pelle van Amersfoort (sc Heerenveen), Donny van de Beek (Ajax), Steven Bergwijn (PSV), Damian van Bruggen (Ajax), Kevin Diks (Vitesse), Jeroen Houwen (Vitesse), Issa Kallon (FC Utrecht), Damon Mirani (Ajax), Bart Nieuwkoop (Feyenoord), Abdelhak Nouri (Ajax), Yanick van Osch (PSV), Bilal Ould-Chikh (FC Twente), Leeroy Owusu (Ajax), Jairo Riedewald (Ajax), Jari Schuurman (Feyenoord), Stijn Spierings (AZ), Calvin Verdonk (Feyenoord) en Richairo Zivkovic (Ajax).

Apart from the Feyenoord/Ajax/PSV players, dont know a lot about them but the 2 i put in bold are the ones who have goals in them.
    Zivkovic already has a lot of Eredivisie experience with Groningen and is now playing for (Jong) Ajax.
    Schuurman was the top scorer of the last U17 European championships iirc. Pretty versatile player who could play as an attacking midfielder now they have a proper centre forward in Zivkovic.
    This match is a qualifing for the U19 championships which means there is 3 matches to be played in the next week or so.
    Other opponents in the group are Moldova and Poland.
    And that is where the danger is in these set ups, a win is important, goals a lot less. First 2 qualify.
    Basically only bet on goals if you can watch the match, dont expect a spanking just because it is Andorra. 2 points is the goal here.

Netherlands U21 - Portugal U21

Knock out for the U21 end tournament.

Squad:
    Joost van Aken (sc Heerenveen), Nathan Aké (Chelsea), Sven van Beek (Feyenoord), Joshua Brenet (PSV), Luc Castaignos (FC Twente), Jesper Drost (PEC Zwolle), Kyle Ebecilio (FC Twente), Anwar El-Ghazi (Ajax), Warner Hahn (PEC Zwolle), Mickey van der Hart (Go Ahead Eagles), Jorrit Hendrix (PSV), Guus Hupperts (AZ) Ola John (Benfica), Terence Kongolo (Feyenoord), Ruben Ligeon (Ajax), Adam Maher (PSV), Elvis Manu (Feyenoord), Terrel Ondaan (Willem II), Karim Rekik (PSV), Daley Sinkgraven (sc Heerenveen), Sonny Stevens (FC Twente) Wout Weghorst (Heracles) en Jetro Willems (PSV).

Most people who follow Dutch football will recognise these names. At the same time this is a weird squad with some players being left out.
    Marco van Ginkel is missing due to injury but why Tonny Vilhena and Jean Paul Boetius werent called up is a mystery to most people in Holland.

After Van Gaal was appointed the Dutch U21 coach left this team to join Van Gaal at United and his place was taken by Adrie Koster and so far he has been failing spectacularly.
    They had the group all but won by needing 1 point from 2 home matches vs Georgia and Slowakia. Lost them both 1-0 which meant having to play play off vs a country that had won their group.
    Draw resulted in having to play Portugal who won their group with W8 D0 L0

Dont know too much really about the Portuguese but i know 1 thing, Dutch teams, be it clubs or national teams, just cant get a result against Portuguese .
    I really dont expect Holland to win tonight and i fully expect cards here.
    Dont know if it is available anywhere but as soon as i have unrestricted internet i ll check odds for a sending off and if i like them (anything over @3) i ll be on it.
    Ref is this guy...... Now can not be 100% sure about that as UEFA.com has him donw as Tasos Sidiropoulos while soccerway has only an Anastasios Sidiropolous.

Portugal straight win or DNB are also good

U20 went 2-2 vs Turkey
    U19's had a match of 2 completely different halves, 1-0 HT, 7-0 FT
    U21's did indeed lose comfortably against Portugal 2-0

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭upandcumming

I said on the daily thread too...

Gibraltar +5 @10/11.

What do ye think?

Advertisement