Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Your car cleaning day?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Every Friday evening. 25 minutes has the car washed and dried and tyres dressed. Might give the wheels a wipe down mid week.

25 mins for the whole car?! I'd spend that on the wheels/tyres/arches alone :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Do frig all miles and the car is always clean. I know you guys like to go to town with snowfoam and power washers, two bucket wash for me gets 90% results in 20% of the time. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 866 ✭✭✭renofan

Saturday is usually my day. At this time of the year it's whenever there is a Sat I can do it, other than that the cars get a wash, hoover and trim polish every week. The more often you do it the less time and easier it is is my motto.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,486 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I usually do mine on the 29th February :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 494 ✭✭vinnie13

it's the English people that wash the car every week

I don't know many that do it here
    That is unbelievabley true it's Luke ritual in the UK,just look at the difference of a 10year old car on donedeal then try eBay UK the difference is huge.
    They maintain cars better too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,928 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Got her washed, waxed, and dried over lunch today - not a bad job for €15

Seems to be a bit of a posh spot though (just down from Sandyford/Dundrum in a former petrol station) - there was 2 new-ish Range Rovers, a Bentley, SL350, CL500, vintage Rover and a new white A4 all in the queue as well.

Need to hoover her out now too but I will do that tomorrow afternoon if the weather holds and I get home a little earlier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,000 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

Kaiser2000 wrote: »
    Got her washed, waxed, and dried over lunch today - not a bad job for €15

Seems to be a bit of a posh spot though (just down from Sandyford/Dundrum in a former petrol station) - there was 2 new-ish Range Rovers, a Bentley, SL350, CL500, vintage Rover and a new white A4 all in the queue as well.

Need to hoover her out now too but I will do that tomorrow afternoon if the weather holds and I get home a little earlier.

Where abouts - the one in clonskeagh or nutgrove ave?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Every second day, sometimes every day depending on road conditions.

I drive for a living, I wouldn't live in squalor and I damn sure wouldn't work in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭keithsfleet

Think he could be talking about the one in Churchtown on the road from Mcgowans to the river dodder.
    There's an old petrol station (jet I think) that often has rare or old cars parked up outside.

Saw a Countach (most likely the replica that I've seen floating around on the odd occasion) and a Corniche last Sunday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Greyfoot

24/7 cleaning fer me due to job lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

June or July usually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,928 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Think he could be talking about the one in Churchtown on the road from Mcgowans to the river dodder.
    There's an old petrol station (jet I think) that often has rare or old cars parked up outside.

Roebuck Rd - just up from Clonskeagh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Usually when i can bribe someone to wash it for me :D

Advertisement