Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Set windows 7 to default operationg system?

Options
  • 18-10-2014 9:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭

I have Ubuntu 12.04 installed on a shared computer and I'm the only one who uses Ubuntu, Everyone else seems to not be able to use it but whatever.... Is there any way that I can set windows 7 to boot by default unless I press F12 (Or whatever button it is to enter the boot menu)? As in not have the Ubuntu boot menu show up and have windows 7 boot straight up? Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Did anyone else think this was going to be one big troll thread? :o

Yup, Grub is your man. Though I am surprised it doesn't boot into Windoes by default.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

There is a GUI tool if 5uspect's way doesn't tickle your fancy.

Grub-Customizer, popular tool. Run these commands in a terminal, to add the repository & install.
    sudo add-apt-repository ppa:danielrichter2007/grub-customizer
    sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get install grub-customizer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭excollier

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    Did anyone else think this was going to be one big troll thread? :o

Yup, Grub is your man. Though I am surprised it doesn't boot into Windoes by default.
    The temptation was strong......grub will always default to the last distro installed, unless it is manually changed, as described in the link abve.

Advertisement