Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nintendo World question?

• 20-11-2014 6:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭

Chaps, I was just wondering. I'm gonna be in new york next week, and I was just wondering, is there in nintendo world worth getting? 3DS and Wii U are region locked obviously, so no games, but is there any really awesome merchandise I can only get there?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I was there a few years ago, they have lots of figurines and soft toys and posters and stuff, pretty cool.

They also have super cool displays of old consoles. When I was there they had the entire collection of all the game boy advance sp skins, might be a bit more up to date with 3ds now :) Well worth a visit anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

See if they have the ultra-rare "Cheesecake Birdo" Amiibo that was deemed too racey for european release. It's so rare, this might be the only mention of it on the entire internet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Oh Banjo *pats on head*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

I always stick my head when in New York. Is it amazing? No. Is it worth looking in? Yes. It's slap bang in the middle of the city and you will very likely be near it anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭elekid

The museum bit is cool, it sells lots of nice Nintendo merchandise and most of the downstairs is the Pokemon Centre with tons of Pokemon figures, plushes etc. It's definitely worth a visit (and is right beside Rockefeller Centre and Plaza)

• Advertisement

Thanks guys, shame it is just a nice touristy thing, but I'l still pop in.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I have my own Nintendo museum, I call it... "My house"
    Too much stuff!

I don't think I'l be going now anyway :( my passport has vanished. Oh well, another time.

Advertisement