Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game quality on a €750 build?

Options
  • 20-11-2014 9:54pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭

Have a budget of around €750-800 for a PC and wondering how good games would run on a system built in that price range? Games that would probably be played are battlefield and GTA 5 and Garry's mod

Also, what's the best way to get the most value for the money with a PC build if you're not building it yourself? I remember seeing a YouTuber posting a screenshot of some site where he ordered a PC to be made according to his budget

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Tropheus

You could squeeze in a 22-24" monitor for that budget and still be able to run most games close to max settings.

Hardwareversand will build for you for at a modest fee (around €20), however, I think it's a great experience to build it yourself. It's really not that difficult and there is plenty of help available on this forum.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

Tropheus wrote: »
    You could squeeze in a 22-24" monitor for that budget and still be able to run most games close to max settings.

Hardwareversand will build for you for at a modest fee (around €20), however, I think it's a great experience to build it yourself. It's really not that difficult and there is plenty of help available on this forum.

I would but it's for Christmas, can't take the chance that I'd do something wrong because I really don't know much about computers overall. I plan on building a good >€1k rig down the line as the occulus rift and vr gets better. Would they include the monitor or would I have to buy it separately?

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Ninjah Tigah

Tbh, if you're looking to buy a pc from hardwareversand, don't make the mistake I did. Don't have it pre-built, it really isn't that hard to do. There's many video's online of how to do it safely and easily. Such as:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_56kyib-Ls (I feel this is the best video as he go's into detail step-by-step.)

If you'd like us to put a build together for you, could you fill out:

1. What is your budget? [€xxx]

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? [Gaming/Video editing/3D Modelling/HTPC/Internet] (If gaming include which games)

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? [Yes/No]

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? [Hard drive/DVD Drive/Case/PSU/etc.] (If possible state brand and model of the parts to ensure compatibility)

5. Do you need a monitor? [Yes/No]

5a. If yes, what size do you need. [19'/20'/22'/24'/etc.]

5b. If no, what resolution is your current monitor and do you plan to upgrade in the near future? [1920x1080/1440x900/etc.] [Yes/No]

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? [Keyboard/Mouse/Wireless Card/Card Reader/Speakers/etc.]

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? [Yes/No]

8. How can you pay? [Bank Transfer/Credit Card/Laser]

9. When are you purchasing? [In x days]

10. If you need help building it, where are you based? [South Dublin City/Cork City/Kerry/etc.]

In terms of performance, you'd be able to play games on high at 1080p for sure with that budget (apart from the likes of Assassins Creed Unity) :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Occono

Tbh, if you're looking to buy a pc from hardwareversand, don't make the mistake I did. Don't have it pre-built, it really isn't that hard to do. There's many video's online of how to do it safely and easily. Such as:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_56kyib-Ls (I feel this is the best video as he go's into detail step-by-step.)

If you'd like us to put a build together for you, could you fill out:

1. What is your budget? [€xxx]

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? [Gaming/Video editing/3D Modelling/HTPC/Internet] (If gaming include which games)

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? [Yes/No]

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? [Hard drive/DVD Drive/Case/PSU/etc.] (If possible state brand and model of the parts to ensure compatibility)

5. Do you need a monitor? [Yes/No]

5a. If yes, what size do you need. [19'/20'/22'/24'/etc.]

5b. If no, what resolution is your current monitor and do you plan to upgrade in the near future? [1920x1080/1440x900/etc.] [Yes/No]

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? [Keyboard/Mouse/Wireless Card/Card Reader/Speakers/etc.]

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? [Yes/No]

8. How can you pay? [Bank Transfer/Credit Card/Laser]

9. When are you purchasing? [In x days]

10. If you need help building it, where are you based? [South Dublin City/Cork City/Kerry/etc.]

In terms of performance, you'd be able to play games on high at 1080p for sure with that budget (apart from the likes of Assassins Creed Unity) :P

Did it arrive broken?

Occono wrote: »
    Did it arrive broken?

Yeah, seems they didn't have a clue. Motherboard standoffs missing etc. That said, some people don't have any issues when they have that done, so it may have just been my misfortune. :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Occono

Yeah, seems they didn't have a clue. Motherboard standoffs missing etc. That said, some people don't have any issues when they have that done, so it may have just been my misfortune. :P

:/

I really don't want to build it. You won't convince me.

Occono wrote: »
    :/

I really don't want to build it. You won't convince me.

I'm not trying to convince you. ^^

You asked if it had arrived broken. If you don't want to build a computer, don't. You'll most likely break it from lack of care if you do so. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Ninjah is right,there have been plenty of people getting machines built here for a long time by hardwareversand and it really is pot luck if your build comes in a decent state or not. Things like cable management suffer badly,we have seen badly fitted cpu coolers,motherboard standoffs missing,graphics cards forced in bending/breaking PCI slots......i could go on. If your getting an aftermarket cpu cooler that wont be fitted,either will any graphics card that is ordered so you may have to do a bit anyway. It is a risk getting them to build it.

I personally would rather a few nights looking at build guides to get an idea how its done and then trying on my own. Better than finding that they did a bad job and then have all the hassle of rma'ing the PC or then building it anyway.

Each to there own,but this is the BUILDING and upgrading forum so not many people are going to suggest getting it pre built. Help is always available here as well and if someone is local to you on here im sure they would have no problem popping round if someone was badly stuck

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Tropheus

If you can manage Lego, you can build a PC.

Advertisement