Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Band 2 what do we do?

1151617181921»

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 12 Lord Hat

Ya I rang public jobs yday and your man said it would be a couple of weeks before the messages were sent out...and then BAM. Pitty I'm gonna fail it thou....them sample tests were tough...

You may not be cut out for AGS if you are unable to pass the aptitude tests. They are by definition a test of your aptitude for the job so failing may be a blessing in disguise

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

TallGlass wrote: »
    http://www.cebglobal.com/shldirect/en/assessment-advice/example-questions/inductive-reasoning

Is it me or am I missing information on these questions?

It's telling me to select the end of the pattern from the A to E but its not showing me a pattern to start with?

I figured it out.

no matter how long i looked at that i still couldnt understand it:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭wannabegard

Buddy I'm well able for the Gards I just struggle with the tests...

If ya take thAt attitude then I'm not fit for any kinda job...

I'm not having a go at you but not all jobs have these kind of tests. There is a reason for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Donadea lad

Why did some idiots apply when they don't even have the leaving cert. they are just taking up places for other people and holding up the process. Hopefully some people will drop out.

Ah I know ya. I am practicing them but I do find them hard

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Donadea lad

How many stages is there altogether and any idea how many people are up this time.

Where have you been for the last year and a half? 5 stages I think the two remainig groups of 5000 have been called for the second stage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Dublingirl88

thekopend wrote: »
    Are u sure of this because i know someone in band 3 that hasnt been called and im fairly sure they are doing it as they intended eg band 1 then band two and maybe band 3 as the minister said. Maybe he is in band 2?

Yes I'm sure as when I got called forward in January and realised how quick PAS were going through Band 1 so Band 2 would likely be called I got him to double check which one he placed in as we were trying to see if he stood a chance or not and he placed low in Band 3... needless to say he is over the moon!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭thekopend

Yes I'm sure as when I got called forward in January and realised how quick PAS were going through Band 1 so Band 2 would likely be called I got him to double check which one he placed in as we were trying to see if he stood a chance or not and he placed low in Band 3... needless to say he is over the moon!
    Yea id say both were called. I found out since the lad i was onto didnt pass stage 1, i was full sure he was in band 3. Id say they know that a good few wont do it so thats why they are just getting us all to do it now instead of just getting band 2 and end up with poor turn out and then have to go and get band 3 anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭mycro89

The practise material doesn't give results, does it?

mycro89 wrote: »
    The practise material doesn't give results, does it?

Yes it does

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭JonathanP

There's only one thing to say lads, "may the odds be ever in your favour" :-P

How long is the process? When is it likely that people from Band 2 or 3 can expect to be in Templemore doing their Training?

How long is the process? When is it likely that people from Band 2 or 3 can expect to be in Templemore doing their Training?

When I passed stage 2 I heard nothing for 11 months about doing stage 3, and since that email in Jan I've completed all stages and hope to be in templemore in October... so from stage 2 that would be roughly a 20 month wait, and that's with out any delays along the way...

Cool Thanks for the heads up.

Cool Thanks for the heads up.

but I should point out the top 600 people who passed with the highest marks started going down by last August .... Of the 5,000 of Band 1 who did stage 2, 3100 passed it and I was in the middle of those...

It depends on how high you score in stage 2 you score too low your gone. The highest scoters will be brought forward straight away but if you are down the list a bit you could be waiting a long time.

• Advertisement

It depends on how high you score in stage 2 you score too low your gone. The highest scoters will be brought forward straight away but if you are down the list a bit you could be waiting a long time.

Well the 3100 of band 1 who all passed stage 2 have now all been called to the later stages 18 or so months after stage 2 so yes there's a wait involved but for a career spanning at least 30 years it's nothing really!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

I was within the age limits when I applied. I'm now over them and got messaged to do the assessments again. Don't know if there's any point.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭thekopend

lukesmom wrote: »
    I was within the age limits when I applied. I'm now over them and got messaged to do the assessments again. Don't know if there's any point.

Well age limit only applies to the closing date of application so it dosnt matter what age u are now. Only thing that matters is if you want it or not

Lukesmom contact the Gards directly they can give you a straight answer

lukesmom did you find out anything?

Advertisement