Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Haircuts-Love them or hate them

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭FortySeven

Mrs cuts mine with wahl clippers we got in argos maybe 8 years ago for 30 quid. She's got pretty good at it over the years. Best money we ever spent. At 10 quid a cut I've saved a packet. Hate getting my hair cut in the barbers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

Every 3 weeks...

3 on the back and sides, 1 on the locks, trim on top.

Small talk aside, it's fine especially if you have a newspaper to read while waiting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

A bit over a month between every haircut for me. I only get a blade 2 on the side and a 3 on top, only a slight difference between both so that I don't look like a thug. I get charged a tenner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,865 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

Nothing works for me. No matter what I try, my hair will still come out looking a mess, no matter what I do with it. Long, short, inbetween etc. Currently leaving the short phase into the inbetween phase

I cut my own hair btw seeing as getting it trimmed made no difference!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

I am of the slaphead variety and back when I used to have spare cash I used to go and get the full head shave and beard trim as a treat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Saipanne wrote: »
    The Waldorf is about 40 quid, is it not?

Think it was €29 for a wash and cut when I went last?
    killwill wrote: »
    4-8 weeks?
    I get my hair done every 2 weeks! I start to feel scruffy otherwise ha.

Cashflow can be an issue - I'd get it done every week if I could!
    Nothing works for me. No matter what I try, my hair will still come out looking a mess, no matter what I do with it. Long, short, inbetween etc. Currently leaving the short phase into the inbetween phase

I cut my own hair btw seeing as getting it trimmed made no difference!

Good barber should be able to make the best of whatever you have. But someone with a clippers charging €5 may not have the skills or time to do that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭H3llR4iser

I am on the fence - as it grows, my hair gets more and more unruly, to the point I have to slap on half a kg of gel in the morning to try and avoid, in the very least, going around looking like a character from Yu-gi-oh :D

On the other hand, I hate the "ritual" of the haircut - especially the waiting.
    Small talk also gets to me big time; especially the kind of useless crud about celebrities - I actually changed a few barber shops on this basis alone :p

For the last two or three years I stuck with a specific place - they are good, a bit more expensive than usual (which has the bonus of generating less of a crowd!) and have the huge advantage of not really doing dry cuts, which is a concept I can't stand - possibly due to cultural imprinting!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,595 ✭✭✭hairyslug

I normally shave it, for 1 reason or another, I hadn't cut my hair in a long time, about 5 months so off I went to the barber's. Never again, I don't get the fashion these days of kids with a short back and sides up high and a load left of top (no fade) but my barber thought what's what I asked for, sure you can't stick it back once it's been cut off but it'll grow back I hope

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Cartel Mike

Been cutting my hair with cheap clippers for 10 years. Now I go to a barber every three months , have a pic on my phone and tell them to do that.

So far I've been a school teacher , in the Army & a professional musician. Don't really care if they believe me I find them tedious to talk to.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31 24 Hours From Tulsa

What are generally considered the best male barbers in dublin?

Advertisement