Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should I just do acca f7 in September

Options
  • 05-07-2015 2:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Hi all.

Need a bit of advice. Back studying accountancy after a 6 year break. I did f8 in may and am doing f7 in September. Was planning in doing one exam per sitting. However am nearly finished the f7 syllabus and am confident ill pass it so I'm wondering should I attempt another exam in September (It would be a p level exam).....

I know different people have a gra for different exams but in university I would of performed a lot better in exams with calculations and liked management accounting. I found f8 OK in may but picking up f7 alot faster. I also tend to waffle in written verbal exams..

However I know I'll be stuck for time to study for any exam properly. Am working full time but have 4 days off before the F7 exam. Am I taking a chance with the exam and what one should I attempt.

Thanks for the help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭IrishAlice

kc12 wrote: »
    However I know I'll be stuck for time to study for any exam properly. Thanks for the help

It's purely down to personal choice. I tend to prefer to sit one at a time and put as much as I can into the exam. This increases your chances of passing first time and reduces the stress levels.

Also, speaking from personal experience there is quite a big jump from the F papers into the P's.

I think the above pretty much answers the question for you though.

Advertisement