Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Good budget combo tube/valve amps???

• 01-05-2015 8:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi , i have an epiphone les paul tribute 1960 with a pair of gibson 57 classic humbuckers, need a good preferably valve amp in around the 350-450 euro bracket, playing style is mainly rock, hard rock and blues sort of stuff, would like an amp with a bit of crunch, from good gnr type sound but also cleans that could cover rhcp stuff, ive been suggested a bugera v22 and blackstar h5r , any opinions on what to get

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

This - http://www.adverts.ie/guitar-amps/marshall-jcm800-4210-combo-amp/7143434

It'd certainly get close to the GnR sound. Les Paul and a Marshall JCM or SLP would be fairly near. Slash used a modded SLP or similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 whatsupebola

Although thats a great amp for a great price i dont think it would practical for my uses. Its very heavy and im looking for more of a practice amp home use type as i wont be gigging for a while

It'd certainly get close to the GnR sound. Les Paul and a Marshall JCM or SLP would be fairly near. Slash used a modded SLP or similar.[/quote]

Although thats a great amp for a great price i dont think it would practical for my uses. Its very heavy and im looking for more of a practice amp home use type as i wont be gigging for a while

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 625 ✭✭✭wild turkey

The Blackstar will get you a lot closer to the tone your after
    but the Bugera is a better amp in my opinion
    Its based on an AC 30 better cleans and takes pedals very well but less gain than the blackstar so you will need a pedal or two
    If your looking for something to plug & play get the Blackstar
    If your prepared to get a few pedals and sound better get the Bugera
    Both are good amps
    I have owned both btw

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭kifi

Hi , i have an epiphone les paul tribute 1960 with a pair of gibson 57 classic humbuckers, need a good preferably valve amp in around the 350-450 euro bracket, playing style is mainly rock, hard rock and blues sort of stuff, would like an amp with a bit of crunch, from good gnr type sound but also cleans that could cover rhcp stuff, ive been suggested a bugera v22 and blackstar h5r , any opinions on what to get

Sorry to hijack, but how do you find the Epiphone LP Tribute? Was looking at buying an LP but haven't gotten my hands on one yet - is the neck chunky?

• Advertisement

kifi wrote: »
    Sorry to hijack, but how do you find the Epiphone LP Tribute? Was looking at buying an LP but haven't gotten my hands on one yet - is the neck chunky?

I ended up getting a 1959 tribute instead and this has a nice round neck profile not too chunky but not slim by any sense

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73 ✭✭coppinger

I have a blues junior and love it for cleans, get a pedal and the distortion is great.

Advertisement