Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where to buy a high quality acoustic guitar in Dublin?

• 12-05-2015 3:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

Hi folks,
    I think it's time for an upgrade. I have a lovely solid top yairi that's aging well, but intonation is a constant issue. I was planning on a trip to Dublin to scout out some of the better guitar shops. Could anyone kindly point me in the right direction? Somewhere with a decent collection of nice acoustics (£1-4k range). I'd happily go to London, but exchange rate ain't too pretty these days.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Try Some Neck Guitars on Aungier St Dublin 2, and/or Jimi's Music Store in Walkinstown Dublin 12. Bit of a distance from each other but both are very good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

The prices of Martin guitars in Goodwins are actually quite good at the moment. They tend to have some nice ones, should they be to your taste.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Wailin

Ravelleman wrote: »
    The prices of Martin guitars in Goodwins are actually quite good at the moment. They tend to have some nice ones, should they be to your taste.

Looking at their website the prices seem quiet high. New Martin D18 for €2499? Xmusic have one for €2190. Not very cheap at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

Wailin wrote: »
    Looking at their website the prices seem quiet high. New Martin D18 for €2499? Xmusic have one for €2190. Not very cheap at all.

You are right. Good that you double checked. Perhaps I was thinking of X Music :confused:

Is Perfect Pitch closed now? wasn't open yesterday which was strange.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

Dord wrote: »
    Is Perfect Pitch closed now? wasn't open yesterday which was strange.

Was closed last time I passed last weekend too.
    Would be a shame to see it gone

The Master wrote: »
    Was closed last time I passed last weekend too.
    Would be a shame to see it gone

Shame to see a shop closing, but I never found them very helpful or welcoming.

Advertisement