Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pioneer CDJ-500's heating up too quickly recently

Options
  • 29-12-2004 9:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭

I've got 2 Pioneer CDJ-500's, almost 3 years old. Have both seen good use, and never failed me.

Though recently I have been getting alarm bells for cause for concern. They seem to be heating up rather quickly compared to their usual rate that these players normally would do. They don't have cooling fins on the back like the new 800's and 1000's do.

The 500's are supposed to heat up, but during recent 2/2.5 hour gigs, they heated up so much that 1 of them seemed to almost skip a cd back to the beginning in the beginning of a gig. The heat that the underside has been at the end of a gig was so hot, it was as if I had just done a 5 or 6 hour gig (as I have done before, and noticed how hot they got).

Has anyone noticed this heat problem with them before, or might even know what causes it? I thought that somehow, more laser radiation is bouncing around inside that is causing the heating up. I also rewrote my entire cd collection to new superb quality silver cd-r's, and I wonder if they could be causing excess bounce of the laser - if there is such a thing?

Cheers,

Seanie.

Advertisement