Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

D String Keeps Breaking

• 29-12-2004 1:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭

Basically my D String keeps breaking at the same point. The thing is it's only my D string for some reason. I'm assuming this isn't normal and it's getting to be a pain in the arse. Is it the way i'm playing, the set up of my guitar? Any help would be great. Using 10 gauge D'Addadrio strings.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭Droogie

What kind of guitar are you playin' on? What make?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

Droogie wrote:
    What kind of guitar are you playin' on? What make?

Try a G string instead !!! :-) always works

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

Washburn X Series (which is electric)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Draíochta

Could be one of your fretts is damaged, had this happen to me years ago, pain in the a$$, never fixed it just got a new guitar, certainly never tried a G string, but you should have a few spare!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭Droogie

It could be the nut.. below the headstock at the start of the first fret... basically where the strings fit into before the machine heads.. this could be the problem.. check it out and see is there any damage. I don't think that the X Series has a locking nut so you should be able to inspect it easily.

Also, inspect the bridge where the string first enters the guitar... there may be something wrong here that is making the coloured vice at the end of the string break off... Just take a look and see..

Report back with your findings...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

It's over in our drummers house where we practice, so it'll be a few days before I see it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Check how you put the strings on. Read this

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=1189154&postcount=2

Where abouts is the string breaking?

Advertisement