Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Little help with train / Luas / DART tickets?

• 23-11-2007 7:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭

My father has to come to blackrock on wednesday from limerick, so he is taking the train to heuston,luas to connoly and then dart to blackrock.

I was wondering if there is it possible to buy a day pass to use all these different forms of transport, im trying to find info online but im having no luck. Im at college all day so i cant bring him there myself and i just want it to be easier for him seeing he is kind of old.

All replys will be great appreciated, thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭trellheim

AFAIK one ticket is needed the Limerick office should sell a through return with the 90 bus or the LUAS ... see platform11.org for more ... [ or railusersireland as we now are ]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

im not sure about the Luas, but as far as im aware,
    you can buy a return train ticket from limerick to blackrock.
    this will allow the use of the intercity from limerick to heuston, the number 90 bus from heuston to connolly, and the dart from connolly to blackrock (and back again)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Ham'nd'egger

subway wrote: »
    im not sure about the Luas, but as far as im aware,
    you can buy a return train ticket from limerick to blackrock.
    this will allow the use of the intercity from limerick to heuston, the number 90 bus from heuston to connolly, and the dart from connolly to blackrock (and back again)

You can indeed book a through ticket at a booking office to cover all 3 legs; the online booking system won't book the suburban section as of yet.

OP, a quick note; if it is to Blackrock Clinic that your father is travelling to, Booterstown station is actually closer to it than Blackrock station; save him a wee bit of walking. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Aye it is indeed Blackrock Clinic, i might just skip some lectures and bring him there myself, dont want him travelling on his own really, thanks for the help :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,492 ✭✭✭✭Victor

If they say they can't do it, tell them Booterstown is station 127 and Blackrock is 128. Make sure you ask for the Luas / route 90 add on.

trellheim wrote: »
    AFAIK one ticket is needed the Limerick office should sell a through return with the 90 bus or the LUAS ... see platform11.org for more ... [ or railusersireland as we now are ]
    www.railusers.ie or www.railusersireland.org

• Advertisement
Advertisement