Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

good blog for anyone thinking of self-publishing

Options
  • 29-01-2014 11:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭

Hey folks a friend of mine, journalist Pat Fitzpatrick, wrote his first novel last year and has gone down the self-publishing route with it.

I've just finished reading the book myself (it's called 'Keep Away From Those Ferraris) and I have to say I really enjoyed it. It's a witty, fast paced romp of a thriller set in the dying days of the celtic tiger- so if that appeals check it out.

Anyway, thing is, Pat is now doing a blog on his website. This blog is focused around the whole 'self-publishing' side of his project. In the blog he details the promotions he's running, seeing if there's any correlation to sales, outlining what he's doing from a Facebook/twitter/print media promotions/advertising point of view, competitions he's running etc etc etc.

The nice thing about the blog is that there's no bull****. He's upfront with all his sales figures. He's equally upfront when it comes to outlining what he's spent on print/design/editing/promoting etc. Now, there are only a couple of entries there so far as the book was only launched in December, but he's promising to keep it updated all through the year - and if he keeps to his word, i think it'll be a very good resource for anyone thinking about self publishing.

Here's the link to the Jan blog entry if you're interested: http://www.patfitzpatrick.ie/60-days-and-counting/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭RoyMcC

Downloaded the ebook, thanks. GBP1.83 - who'd want to write for a living :(

Advertisement