Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Creative Writing Blog thread

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 The Libertine

Hi, I have added some more poems to my blog. Some of the language is a bit fruity but I hope there's some stuff in there to maybe give you a chuckle or make you think. Some of them are just whimsical but there's a few serious ones. I'd love you to take a look. http://busypuffin.blogspot.hu/ Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 EdwardCole

Hi Everyone, I hope that you consider tumblr sites to be valid blogs. I am starting up http://always-hers.tumblr.com/ again with renewed vigour and would love some feedback and encouragement

• Registered Users Posts: 10 The Libertine

This thread has died a bit it seems, its very hard to stay enthusiastic and read others stuff when secretly all we want is for people to read our stuff!

So how about instead of all promoting our own blogs and writing, we might throw out here what it is that makes us want to write? Is it something we see? A mood we are in on a particular day? Do we write better at times of great stress and unhappiness or do we write better when our heads are in a good place?

Personally I took up writing, i use the term "writing" loosely. Its all just rubbish really but I took it up at a time in my life when I could barely stand to be left alone in my head for 3 seconds, I was in a bad state and found it distracting and very cathartic. The stuff I wrote started off very dark. Now things are fine in my life again the need to write has died down but also the mood of all the poems has perked up, Ive tried writing kids poems, I had an idea to get old fairy tails and make them modern and a bit more "real". Like the ugly duckling, he unfortunately stays ugly but has a wicked personality that shines through and he gets a great job on the radio. Crap like that.

It would be great to hear what other people find inspiring and maybe a bit of background about there stuff before so we can have an idea where they are coming from when we read it.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Ed_Stephens

I keep a loosely updated blog mainly to put up some photos to go along with my Thailand travel guide and some commentary on common issues to South East Asia travellers.

http://uptoyouthaibook.blogspot.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Oh, timely bump! I keep a blog, though I write about all sorts, not so much creative writing. But, I wrote a blog post last night about poetry :)

Confessions of a Poetic Impostor

• Advertisement
Advertisement