Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Destiny (Bungie)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I turned in four Vanguard bounties together awhile ago and nothing. Just luck I guess.

Probably, still compared to their stats etc they are not worth the effort vs buying something from Xur for coins / motes. Ok if you had a character and guns that needed lots of levelling for the strikes/ crucible needed to get them, OK Xur might not have what you want this week but sure strange coins and motes are money in the bank for another time for him really.

Exotic Bounty = Magic Beans

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

I just got the invective shotgun tonight from an exotic bounty. As the exotic bounties go though I think it's the easiest of them. Just had to talk to someone for first part, do five strikes without dying and then get a k/d death spread of 25 in the crucible, took 7 strikes, and 3 games in the crucible. Last part cost me 12,000 glimmer to buy green ammo packs then the shotgun was mine. Shotgun seems pretty good. regenerates ammo, can be fired in full auto. does extra damage with last round.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,546 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Good fun today, knocked out Nightfall, Weekly and first part of the VoG. Much thanks to all involved, managed to be less of a bullet sponge today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,277 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Dunno if this has been posted yet - but it put a massive smile on my face this morning!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Really need to get through the PvP legs of the exotic bounties before they patch the shotguns.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

So didnt get on for long last night but at last I managed to solo the Kill Order, got my cheat piece and then I ran a solo daily heroic and got a new set of arm armor. 3/4 the way to level 25 now. Jumped a level and a half last night.

Will attempt to run the other kill order for the helm but i think it may be a little difficult.

@Emmet, sorry i didnt give you a shout last night, I wasnt on for long so didnt want to waste your time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Hit 27 last night after a few upgrades, happy to join you XB1 lads looking to do the raid!

Have 5 queens missions to do. Is there any point doing them once you have the helm/chest?

maximoose wrote: »
    Have 5 queens missions to do. Is there any point doing them once you have the helm/chest?

From what I hear, no, not much point once you have what you want.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,353 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

logik wrote: »
    So didnt get on for long last night but at last I managed to solo the Kill Order, got my cheat piece and then I ran a solo daily heroic and got a new set of arm armor. 3/4 the way to level 25 now. Jumped a level and a half last night.

Will attempt to run the other kill order for the helm but i think it may be a little difficult.

@Emmet, sorry i didnt give you a shout last night, I wasnt on for long so didnt want to waste your time.

No worries at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

Bohrio wrote: »
    I think you are right, but I have also noticed this with shotguns and snipers. I takes me 3 shots to kill (at least) someone with my 248 legendary shotgun... not sure what I am doing wrong!

With the weapons ignore the attack stat. It means nothing in PvP. Stats like impact, range, stability are far more important. Although for me I just take a weapon into the game and see if I like the feel. I have on particular auto-rifle I really like but in PvE it's waaaay below my level, but in PvP it's a stomper. Slow fire rate but a couple of decent headshots and you're laughing.

One thing the game has done very well is no two weapons are alike, in terms of handling, how they feel, etc. So really it comes down to comfort, but certainly perks also.

With PvP though you hit the nail on the head; you said you probably rush in too much. It's like any online game, you need to adapt. No point in every game being the same. You can cater your character to how you want to play, for example I use a Titan Striker with everything piled on Aftermath. So pulse grenades, aftermath and area damage on melee and a bonus for extra long aftermath and grenades. The idea there is I can rush into a room and dish out a load of damage and basically the room will be a death trap, long after I leave or die.

Post-patch and already the reward system seems much better. Got a purple in PvP in my 2nd game and it gave me a purple, as promised. Only problem is it was a piece of my faction armor I already had! Boo-urns. Can I stick it in the vault for my alt when they get 20+, even if it's a different class?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Yep you can do just that.

• Administrators Posts: 54,090 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

.ak wrote: »
    Slow fire rate but a couple of decent headshots and you're laughing.
    Yea that's the thing with Destiny PvP - you always need to be aiming for the head.

In terms of purple drops - I've never got one. Done a few strikes and a tonne of PvP and the best I ever get is rares. Do Legendaries become more frequent at higher levels (I'm at 22) ?

awec wrote: »
    Yea that's the thing with Destiny PvP - you always need to be aiming for the head.

In terms of purple drops - I've never got one. Done a few strikes and a tonne of PvP and the best I ever get is rares. Do Legendaries become more frequent at higher levels (I'm at 22) ?

Nah if anything they becomes less frequent! :P I got most of mine around level 21-22. I did pick up a load of them recently but pre-patch they all decoded to blues.

Are you on XB1 or PS4 dude?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Steel Oracle Z-11

ROCKET LAUNCHER

"I foresee fire. Fire and screams." "You would, mate. You're a rocket launcher."

Who write those things :pac:

• Advertisement

Nah if anything they becomes less frequent! :P I got most of mine around level 21-22. I did pick up a load of them recently but pre-patch they all decoded to blues.

Are you on XB1 or PS4 dude?

XB1 :)

Dunno why I'm not getting any, it's frying my head that I keep getting blues that are worse than what I already have. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Anybody else having problems connection to PSN?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Dunno why I'm not getting any, it's frying my head that I keep getting blues that are worse than what I already have.

Wait until you get purple drops. They'll also turn out to be...
    blues that are worse than what I already have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Post-patch and already the reward system seems much better. Got a purple in PvP in my 2nd game and it gave me a purple, as promised. Only problem is it was a piece of my faction armor I already had! Boo-urns. Can I stick it in the vault for my alt when they get 20+, even if it's a different class?

You can only give it to an alt if it says that it is specifically for that class. If it doesn't specify a class on the armour then it can only be used by the class that picked it up. So say if you were to start a Titan alt, you can only use gear sent over from your main that has "requires titan class" on it. Weapons can be used on any character you own.

Is anyone having problems signing into psn?

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Andy Gravity

PSN is down globally, for unknown reasons.

Sony are bloody awful at communicating these things.

• Advertisement

Grayditch wrote: »
    Wait until you get purple drops. They'll also turn out to be...Blue

Not since yesterdays patch they won't

XB1 :)

Dunno why I'm not getting any, it's frying my head that I keep getting blues that are worse than what I already have. :(

You're not getting any because you play on XB1 and you support Ulster mate. Them's the breaks.

You're not getting any because you play on XB1 and you support Ulster mate. Them's the breaks.

They are very low blows! Nothing wrong with XO! Well I am loving mine anyway.

logik wrote: »
    They are very low blows! Nothing wrong with XO! Well I am loving mine anyway.

Ofcourse, I was only joking.... about the XO part. :D

Ulster don't win anything, as awec knows. Especially purples! :pac:

:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,216 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Cormac... wrote: »
    Steel Oracle Z-11

ROCKET LAUNCHER

"I foresee fire. Fire and screams." "You would, mate. You're a rocket launcher."

Who write those things :pac:

Not a patch on some of the ones from Borderlands :D

Did I fire six shots, or only five? Three? Seven. Whatever.
    Evil will be SMASHED!!! WITH SMASHING!!! EVIL!!! SMASH!!! ER!!!
    Say not in grief: "He is no more," but live in thankfulness that he was.
    E~MC^(OMG/WTF)
    If thou'st would'st snitch'st, acquire thine stitch!
    Makes Orphans Often.
    I like being a gun.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,395 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Penn wrote: »
    Not a patch on some of the ones from Borderlands :D

Did I fire six shots, or only five? Three? Seven. Whatever.
    Evil will be SMASHED!!! WITH SMASHING!!! EVIL!!! SMASH!!! ER!!!
    Say not in grief: "He is no more," but live in thankfulness that he was.
    E~MC^(OMG/WTF)
    If thou'st would'st snitch'st, acquire thine stich!
    Makes Orphans Often.
    I like being a gun.

In two weeks we'll all be drowning in loot again and the barren wastes of Destiny will be but a memory :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

The funny thing about borderlands, is that I had zero interested in it until I started ready the destiny forum.

Nearly got my Titan from 20 to 25 in an hour last night. Put on some legendaries gloves I got on another character, went done 2 queens wrath and picked up legendary chest and head, then went a done the heroic daily and get a legendary boot engram as a reward for it. Got all excited but when I decrypted it they turned out to be for a warlock. So close! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

I haven't really been enjoying it as a casual player. Maybe it's my choice of class (hunter) - I don't really think the game is suited to a long-range playstyle (like Battlefield or to a lesser extent CoD would be). Does anyone else find that?

I haven't really been enjoying it as a casual player. Maybe it's my choice of class (hunter) - I don't really think the game is suited to a long-range playstyle (like Battlefield or to a lesser extent CoD would be). Does anyone else find that?

It gets a lot better when you get to higher levels. From 1->18 is pretty dull tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,216 ✭✭✭✭Penn

It gets a lot better when you get to higher levels. From 1->18 is pretty dull tbh.

I'm finding it almost the opposite tbh. At least levels 1-18 had a clear progression in terms of unlocking abilities and new areas. I'm currently Lvl25 and haven't played in almost a week due to having to replay the same strikes or missions, or constant patrols and other bounty requirements. The only thing the constant grinding does is grinds my gears.

EDIT: *Wow - embarrassing....*

Can't wait to get this. Absolutely loved the first title, and FM5 too.

Wrong thread maybe? :confused:

Cormac... wrote: »
    Wrong thread maybe? :confused:

Yep. For some reason I thought I had clicked into the Forza Horizon 2 thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

I'd classify myself as a "casual gamer" too. I put in an hour or so here and there. Got 2 hours I think in last night but thats not the usual.

I'm level 11 now and have been really enjoying it so far.

Theres a LOT of talk about the grinding in this game. So far I havent found that to be an issue as I've enjoyed every minute of it.

Sooooo much to do and see be it in the main game or multiplayer. Played a bit of multiplayer actually last night and started to get the hang of it. Its brilliant imo. Not as much twitch COD shooting. Closer to Halo thank god but not completely as there seems to still be a few weapons that can get one shot kills that arent snipers.

I think theres a huge amount of customisation I personally need to get my head around to get better at the game which will in turn lead to more enjoyment. Tbh I'm only now understand the likes of what goes on in the Tower, vangaurds etc..

Its not that user friendly at the beginning imo which probably puts some off it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I wish I had the time to grind as much as it needs, but it just seems like a tar pit to slow us down while they ready the next DLC.

Penn wrote: »
    I'm finding it almost the opposite tbh. At least levels 1-18 had a clear progression in terms of unlocking abilities and new areas. I'm currently Lvl25 and haven't played in almost a week due to having to replay the same strikes or missions, or constant patrols and other bounty requirements. The only thing the constant grinding does is grinds my gears.
    I haven't got to the point where that is the case yet but I can see that being frustrating.

• Advertisement

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/joystick/homepage.php

If you had to Pick 1 category (on the left) for Destiny to win, which would you pick:

Best Visual Design
    Best Audio
    Best Online Game
    Game of the Year

I'd probably go with Audio since there's no "Skyboxes" category :pac:

Best storytelling clearly!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,395 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Nothing outside of aesthetics anyway that's for sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

I'd classify myself as a "casual gamer" too. I put in an hour or so here and there. Got 2 hours I think in last night but thats not the usual.

I'm level 11 now and have been really enjoying it so far.

Theres a LOT of talk about the grinding in this game. So far I havent found that to be an issue as I've enjoyed every minute of it.

Sooooo much to do and see be it in the main game or multiplayer. Played a bit of multiplayer actually last night and started to get the hang of it. Its brilliant imo. Not as much twitch COD shooting. Closer to Halo thank god but not completely as there seems to still be a few weapons that can get one shot kills that arent snipers.

I think theres a huge amount of customisation I personally need to get my head around to get better at the game which will in turn lead to more enjoyment. Tbh I'm only now understand the likes of what goes on in the Tower, vangaurds etc..

Its not that user friendly at the beginning imo which probably puts some off it.
    I have a lvl18 hunter and I'm just finding that I'm only sort of enjoying the multi player. But I keep asking myself why I don't just pop in Battlefield 3 instead? I enjoy RPG too, I find they're great for casual gaming - just finished Kingdom of Amalur ando thought it was pretty good.

I just don't see Destiny as a particularly good MMORPG or FPS. The problem is that I want to like it so much.

Hmm, have leveled the cryptarch a few times since the patch dropped and he's only been giving blues. Well played bungie.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Hmm, have leveled the cryptarch a few times since the patch dropped and he's only been giving blues. Well played bungie.

The last 4-5 levels before the patch for me were all blues, RnG being its b*****d self. Not sure what it's like after but surely you couldn't of gotten him up that many levels since yesterday?

• Advertisement

Gandalph wrote: »
    The last 4-5 levels before the patch for me were all blues, RnG being its b*****d self. Not sure what it's like after but surely you couldn't of gotten him up that many levels since yesterday?

3 times but across two separate characters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,353 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Stupid game keeps putting me in strikes solo and I can't get a game in crucible.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Andy Gravity

Mickeroo wrote: »

I've leveled him 3 times since the patch and got nothing but blues also.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

Anyone having trouble signing into the ps4 version? I keep getting a message saying "Use of user generated media is not allowed for your account" when I ignore it I get stuck in a loop trying to sign in.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Stormhawk88

Anyone having trouble signing into the ps4 version? I keep getting a message saying "Use of user generated media is not allowed for your account" when I ignore it I get stuck in a loop trying to sign in.

I get this all the time. Just go to settings>psn>restore licences. This usually works for me.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement