Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Firefall

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,751 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

wow, how long has this been in beta? they've made a complete bollocks of the launch - been trying to get through the first part of the tutorial mission for over an hour. It's stuck in an endless loop it seems, shortly after you pick your armour it just restarts the entire thing again lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

wow, how long has this been in beta? they've made a complete bollocks of the launch - been trying to get through the first part of the tutorial mission for over an hour. It's stuck in an endless loop it seems, shortly after you pick your armour it just restarts the entire thing again lol

And I just downloaded it overnight looking forward to trying out the game later today... :(

[Downloads are an issue to me cause I'm on mobile broadband... data allowance, /woo ]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,751 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

yeah i'm really not impressed at all lol - the servers are down apparently at the moment too, maybe they're patching/hotfixing it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Lads it was an MMO launch day. What did you expect? :pac:

I let it go for a few hours then played a bit last night when the server load wasn't as bad. Seems fun at least, will play a bit more this evening!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Alright, played a few hours of it --- the game's rather... boring after awhile :|

Visually, the game's kinda like a fusion with Gears of War [Big burly men in big, thick armor] and Borderlands. :pac:

Just a question - are quests from the Jobs noticeboard limited or will it just continuously churn out random quests?

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭alex_r

Guys I missed on Sunday big event there.. Dev played Chosen.. Awesome play!
    http:// www firefallthegame.com/news/chosen-offensive-returns-this-sunday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

Unfortunately end game is poor in this game .... the crafting system is utterly broken

Playing against chosen devs is fun alright, but all too rare

BigEejit wrote: »
    Unfortunately end game is poor in this game .... the crafting system is utterly broken

Playing against chosen devs is fun alright, but all too rare

BigEejit, I hear you! But when did you played it last time?
    The game improved dramatically since its beta and release. Better battlebframes, better and more events, crossfire events that pop up around you all day long. As you progress there is new maps, events, missions..
    It only takes some pation to pimp your batlleframes. But I guess that's almost in any MMO-FPS like that.

Not to mention when you play in squads and armies of your friends that's a lot of different fun.. Playin on your own is not that entertaining I have to admit.. This is MMO and has to be played in COOP style

• Advertisement

I have not played in two or three weeks, but I have 10 frames at lvl 40, 6 of them since the game left beta and the remaining frames are all lvl 35+. I was playing with a bunch of guys, but when you play enough you get to see the exact same thing 10 times a day, we all moved to archeage.

PVP is a disaster because some frames are completely OP (raptor properly specced and electron for example) and others are just plain useless.

The game still needs a lot of work.

Well, I guess in any game we can find some issues or things we don't like. To me there is no comparison to ArcheAge.. different style and theme.
    Anyway I believe if you have managed to spent handful of time to level up you frames so far that's not because you don't like the game ;))

I personally just started.. slowly progressing with all my base frames.. and only approached 15-20lvl. So far I like it, especially when played in groups. But I do agree it gets a bit boring to do some tasks over and over again.. However it's not enough to turn me down from the game :)
    Did you participate in chosen event? It was epic :)

What I don\t like for sure is the research concept.. No way to get purple items.. I guess that's the only way to win in PVP with more experienced guys, cuz I suspect the have manufactured much better abilities and modules. But for beginners there is now way to earn 60K of Research Points.. and that sucks!)

RP's are easy to get later on, melting lvl 37 to lvl 40 drops provides 1k to 5k rp each. I have got probably 14 or 15 lvl 40 purples researched .... building them is just nuts because a lvl 40 purple bio crossbow or something would cost far more to build (buying mats from market) than buying one off the market.

The reason I went to archeage is that you have to have skin in the game, getting killed carrying a trade pack will set you back ...

I'd suggest concentrating on one frame, recluse is fun for pve.

Advertisement