Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destruction on Limerick building site?

Options
  • 26-10-2006 6:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭

I heard today off two diffrent people that part of a new building on a limerick building site collapsed yesterday. Does anyone know what site this was? and is the Damage bad?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭Sunn

i pass alot of the construction sites on my way to college.. all look fine to me.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,062 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Haven't come across anything today.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭cmurph

i haven't heard anything , but a site in croom seems to be closed since wednesday , nothing going in and no one on site.......
    walsh windows were pasked outside there yesterday morning tryin to get in.

don't know if this site is connected with what ye are saying

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭lasno

I heard that there was a major problem with one of the new apartment blocks being built behind the new Hilton at Sarsfield bridge.
    Site was evacuated and HSA on site.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Lanigamadan

The most up-to-date source of all inside information, the trusty taximan, told me on Friday night that a floor of the hotel had collapsed and caused a million euro of damage. It's unlikely to open before Christmas now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

If true it is hardly surprising, did you see how fast it went up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Yeah, it turns out it was the apartments adjacent to The Hilton and I heard earlier on in the year that the builders were cutting alot of corners.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Originally Posted by PoxyShamrock
    from what i've heard the builders at the strand have been cutting corners everywhere, so I wouldnt be too doubtful if this hotel could be swarmed with problems in the future.

I heard the opposite, that everything was being done pretty high spec.

Has anyone seen any images for the new building opposite the Red Church on Henry street? It's a pretty huge site, I understand it's where the decentralised civil servants are being sent.

Well, Well, Well. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭BobTheBeat

Not a bit surprised...

Have heard of similar corner cutting in some of the more established hotels in the city.

Advertisement