Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cinema return to Greystones ideas

Options
  • 27-03-2014 1:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

Hey first time posting on here (I think) :pac:
    I had an idea about maybe drive in cinema car park like they do abroad, except maybe have it in the park and ride down near the woodlands. Maybe charge a fiver in (to the free car park) to let people watch films on the big screen. The idea doesn't even have to be in a car park, maybe in someone's field, (maybe one of the ones up for sale for 'X' amount of years :P ).
    Since it rains (a lot), this would have to be held during the summer months (hopefully). For this reason I think it would be a great idea to add it down on the list of things for Greystones Summer festival.
    I'm not too sure about licensing about films and the like, or even if the County Council would approve (because of noise or light pollution so close an estate, then again the GUFC lights are on every night).
    ANYWAY, I'm just posting on here to see what people thought of the idea and maybe if it should be a possible thought on people's minds, instead of complaining about the good 'ol Greystones' cinema days, maybe we could help do something about (*insert inspirational speech here*). I think the idea is maybe more a hopeful idea, but worth a think I find!
    Thanks for reading! (if any did at all :P)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,425 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I don't know whether you know but they're doing one of these in Dun Laoghaire in the ferry terminal car park. I'm not sure if there'd be the demand for two such enterprises so close together.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,851 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Theres one in Dun Laoghaire at the moment

www.underground-cinema.com/drive-in-movies

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 21,425 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Theres one in Dun Laoghaire at the moment
    Is there an echo in here?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,851 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Alun wrote: »
    Is there an echo in here?

I hadnt read your post before replying!!

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭SimonFM

I didn't know there was something like this in DL, Is it any good? I was thinking a bit closer to home and maybe easier for people around the GGA (Greater Greystones Area :P ) to get to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Shazerina

Great idea Simon. Any type of cinema in greystones is a good idea IMHO. Go for it!!

Advertisement