Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Replacing 2005 Nissan Almera radio

Options
  • 27-08-2014 11:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Is it possible to replace the radio/cd player in the 2005 Nissan Almera. It is the model with integrated climate control. Or is there any other solution?
    At present the radio/cd player will only play sound through the driver's side speaker. I am thinking of replacing the unit with a standard DIN unit.
    Maybe someone might be able to able to advise on a solution to the speakers problem. If I can get the speakers working I could live with the existing unit.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭ianobrien

The speakers in them are fairly crap for reliability and have probably sto0ed working. Swap them first and see if that's the problem.

After that, change the radio from one from a scrapper as you'll loose heater controls if you remove the factory radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 MichaelKeelan

Thanks for the reply Ian,

I was hoping there would be some way of installing a single DIN unit underneath the existing unit while still retaining heater controls.
    I'll have a root around the speakers and check the back of the unit, make sure there's no loose connections.
    It was a cheap car I got so can't really complain to much. It's a great car otherwise but I do love my music while I'm driving and it's beginning to bug me now.

Thanks again Ian

• Registered Users Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭ianobrien

Its the speakers that fail. Swap them out with "new" ones or swap the working speaker around to test wiring/ connection.

The speakers themselves do fail on them regularly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 MichaelKeelan

Thanks very much Ian, I'll do exactly that over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭iamthemanwork

Is it possible to replace the radio/cd player in the 2005 Nissan Almera. It is the model with integrated climate control. Or is there any other solution?
    At present the radio/cd player will only play sound through the driver's side speaker. I am thinking of replacing the unit with a standard DIN unit.
    Maybe someone might be able to able to advise on a solution to the speakers problem. If I can get the speakers working I could live with the existing unit.
    Thanks.

There is nothing wrong with your radio / cd player. Speakers in the Almera are forever giving trouble. Get 2 from a breakers yard --approx. 10 euro ..Replace the 2 front door speakers
    Radio from a similar Almera will NOT work in your car as the original one is "married" to the car. It is possible to program a similar radio to suit your car if you decide to replace it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭chicorytip

The CD player in my 04 Almera is faulty -
    discs won't load properly. Is it possible to
    replace it alone without affecting the integrated radio/heater controls ?

Advertisement