Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW Touch Phone Kit vs VW radio aux

Options
  • 25-08-2014 5:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

I have just bought a 2013 VW polo and I have ran into a little issue related to playing music in the car.

The Car had the standard VW radio with and Aux port to connect my iphone to play music over the cars stereo system, it also has the after sales installation VW Bluetooth TPK, everything is fine with the music via the Aux port until I connect the iphone to the TPK, the music automatically gets played via the TPK and the quality is very poor as a result, I presume this is some sort of settings issue however I can not find a solution apart from disabling bluetooth on my phone which reverts back to the Aux for music output.

Anybody know why the VW TPK takes precedence when playing music over the Aux? I presumed music would continue to be outputted via the Aux with the TPK interrupting only for calls.

Thanks guys, hopefully somebody has the answer.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭yogicolly

Cheers, I'll give that a shot later! Thanks

OSI wrote: »
    Try waiting until the phone has connected over Bluetooth and then plug in the aux. It's supposed to prefer the last connection for audio playback.

Tested and it seems to work, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,283 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Also in music on your iphone theres an icon down the bottom right that looks like thos :
    4JbkQq.jpg

If you tap that and select headphones it goes back

Also in music on your iphone theres an icon down the bottom right that looks like thos :
    4JbkQq.jpg

If you tap that and select headphones it goes back

Cheers too

Advertisement