Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

So it does happen!

• 19-05-2014 2:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Folks,
    Have a look at this on D/deal;

/cars-for-sale/volkswagen-passat/6950140
    {post ad number in Donedeal search}

Wrong number on plates- number is of a Kia Picanto.
    Passat should be - 75019.. as on NCT disc.
    Possibly incorrect number displayed for last 9 years.
    But wait.... I thought this was always checked at NCT test.
    Or maybe plates are less than 8 mths old, i.e. since last NCT test.
    Is this as rare as we think I wonder?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,304 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

If the plates were fake, what makes you think the NCT cert isn't?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Dia1988

It looks as if a dealer supplied the plates going by the plate surrounds bot front and back, or are they generic surrounds?

It's too laxed here in Ireland anyway with getting number plates, order them online at Micksgarage or any motor factors and no questions asked, free to rob shops, banks, free M50 and petrol station drive offs!

Like in the UK, they should have the supplier on each number plate and the number plate verified.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,448 ✭✭✭JoeA3

A friend of mine drove his new car for a year before he realised the supplying dealer had put the wrong number on his car. A "7" instead of a "1" I think! It only came to light when he went to tax it again. I wonder who got all his speeding fines....

Advertisement