Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sea France Great Value 2010

Options
  • 27-12-2009 11:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭

Those of you interested in booking a trip to Europe for 2010 should have a look at www.seafrance.com they have return rates from £38 return. I normally travel Stena Line from Rosslare to Fishguard on their morning sailing and them from Dover to Calais on the 23.00hrs sailing. I can cross the UK at my ease and no traffic hold ups on the M25. A full tank of diesel from Clonmel to Calais. HAPPY NEW YEAR to all fellow motorhome users.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭niloc1951

sunchaser wrote: »
    Those of you interested in booking a trip to Europe for 2010 should have a look at www.seafrance.com they have return rates from £38 return. I normally travel Stena Line from Rosslare to Fishguard on their morning sailing and them from Dover to Calais on the 23.00hrs sailing. I can cross the UK at my ease and no traffic hold ups on the M25. A full tank of diesel from Clonmel to Calais. HAPPY NEW YEAR to all fellow motorhome users.
    I've done that route many times, I start with an overnight in Rosslare (alongside the hedge facing the check in booths) and after a leisurely breakfast join the queue. I spend the second night at the delightful Aire in Gravelines away from the noise and hassle of Calais.
    Bonne Voyage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 pandos

I have done it differently, Leave rosslare on the nighttime sailing, breakfast in Dover.

But definitly worth the extra few miles of driving to save the bit of cash over direct routes.

This year may do it at Easter and head down through Germany to save tolls, also Germans much better drivers, Fill up with cheap diesel in Luxembourg and Switzerland, (Only about 100 miles extra to drive)Destination Avoriaz where there is Skiing right through April.

Advertisement