Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

do you tip irish people more?

• 07-11-2009 2:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 457 ✭✭

when they deliver the chinese takeaway?
    do you tip
    chinese people : no tip
    eastern european : small tip
    african : small tip

IRISH PEOPLE : BIG TIP

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Pussy! I dole the chinese people out a good bashing. How dare they offend me with delivery of their own cuisine.

Charlatans...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭omahaid

Amm, I do actually, part of my is ashamed to admit it but I do. I think we always have more affinity for our own, bad and all as that is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 457 ✭✭MrMicra

davyjose wrote: »
    Pussy! I dole the chinese people out a good bashing. How dare they offend me with delivery of their own cuisine.

Charlatans...
    I think Gandhi said it best:
    I don't agree with you that chinamen should be beaten but I will defend to the death your right to beat them
    screw you Gandhi Indians : small tip.

omahaid wrote: »
    Amm, I do actually, part of my is ashamed to admit it but I do. I think we always have more affinity for our own, bad and all as that is.

I haven't admitted this (my wife thinks that it is racist).
    I explained that you can't be racist against chinese people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

No.

I tip polite, courteous people who do a good job more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,205 ✭✭✭jiltloop

I firmly believe in equality therefore I don't tip any of them.

jiltloop wrote: »
    I firmly believe in equality therefore I don't tip any of them.
    I salute you. Though we are enemies I believe that we can learn alot from each other and that one day in our children's children's children's time it may be possible to SHAKE HANDS ACROSS THE RYE!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

Anyone who can make coffee. Sick of getting hot brown crap in a cup.

If you work in a cafe, learn how to make coffee!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,507 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

If I get good food, they get a tip next time. If the foods bad they don't get repeat business so it isn't a problem. Ethnicity doesn't come into it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭omahaid

MrMicra wrote: »
    I haven't admitted this (my wife thinks that it is racist).
    I explained that you can't be racist against chinese people.

Ah jeezus, not racist against chinese, just everyone else really :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭9wetfckx43j5rg

Nope, I don't tip anyone except Taximen if I'm in a cab on my own. I guess it's my way of saying thanks for proving my mother wrong by not kidnapping me :)

In my defense I am a poor student and barely have enough to buy the food. Also they are getting paid and I'm not American.

I would tip someone who makes a good impression tho, or are really good at their job.

Me and my friend once gave a taximan almost a 10 euro tip on a 13 euro fare for having to listen to our drunken ramblings about men from our night out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

No, I don't tip because I don't get tips. Also because I'm in college and I don't have the funds to eat in any nice places!

The last time I gave a tip, I was locked. My uncle gave me the change from buying me a pint, and I gave the change to the taxi driver for some reason. It was about €15! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

MrMicra wrote: »
    when they deliver the chinese takeaway?
    do you tip
    chinese people : no tip
    eastern european : small tip
    african : small tip

IRISH PEOPLE : BIG TIP

Troll somewhere else.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement