Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

German Imports

Options
  • 12-11-2009 10:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

just to throw a question out here.... has anybody that you know recently imported a camper from Germany (or elsewhere) or is the import option less attractive now in light of falling prices in Ireland ?

Unfit.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

unfit2006 wrote: »
    Hi Folks,

just to throw a question out here.... has anybody that you know recently imported a camper from Germany (or elsewhere) or is the import option less attractive now in light of falling prices in Ireland ?

Unfit.

We used to import a lot from Germany and other countries , I'd say 75% of the campers we sold . Now we wouldn't import 10%! Look around , there are between 9500 and 11000 registered motorhomes in Ireland... surely there has to be one to suit all types .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭Macspower

Hi Folks,

Unfit.

the difference in price at the moment makes it uneconomical to import IMO unless you are looking for something special or getting real bargain.

Some great value here at the minute if you look at a good few

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Mhen66

Hi,
    great value here at present.
    the hen

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭camper guy

Hi Folks,

Unfit.
    Hi I have been looking on done deal and gum tree for campers lately.
    From what i can see germany have better campers for a lot less money and low milage. Im looking for a hymer in good nick 90 to 95 reg with the u shaped lounge at the back on the tubo charged diesal engine.I spend a lot of time checking out mobile de. It has the english language option . Then theres dhd 24 and makt reismobil and the key word being wohnmobile .

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Mhen66

I have travelled and bought campers in germany before but would not do it now. There area a lot of quality campers here at the right price, cheaper than the equivalent on mobile.de. I think we will see the Europeans coming here to buy second hand campers cheap before long.
    Hen

• Advertisement

Mhen66 wrote: »
    I have travelled and bought campers in germany before but would not do it now. There area a lot of quality campers here at the right price, cheaper than the equivalent on mobile.de. I think we will see the Europeans coming here to buy second hand campers cheap before long.
    Hen
    hi hen where did you see these campers. I will try to keep my money here if the price is right.

camper guy wrote: »
    hi hen where did you see these campers. I will try to keep my money here if the price is right.
    [URL]file:///c:/Users/thorne/AppData/Roaming/Microsoft/Windows/Recent/hymer%207999.lnk[/URL]

this hymer was 7999 euro a class 2.5 turbo diesel 119 thousand km on the clock
    with u shaped lounge.1991 1992 with hu au the equivelent of the nct with gass test.

Advertisement