Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Frozen condensation inside my camper!!

Options
  • 09-01-2010 11:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭

Went out to the camper today(have previously removed the soft furnishings etc)
    Anyway condensation on the inside mostly on the ceiling has iced up...should i be concerned???...Im sorry now i never got a dehumidifier in there.
    I do have one of those salt packs but obviously not sufficient.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭cobweb

place a few bowls of salt around camper used to work for my parents never had a problem

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭martyc5674

Ive that done already!!

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭KoNiT

It was a hell of a wet year.. Heat up the camper & wipe away the moisture & dry out the salt.

Then put the salt back in place. The salt will attract remaining moisture

You'll always have moisture coming from cab anyway..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

See it here with the ones for sale , it's never been so damp as this year . Nothong for it only to warm up the van and dehumidify it for a couple of days...:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

The bowls of salt do work a treat. I had to wipe away a lot of condensation from the inside of the cab over Christmas. It's a good idea to leave a wondow open a touch to let a bit of air circulate and moist air to escape if you do have a heater on inside. I found having a heater on caused more condensation than it cured (especially in the cab area).

• Advertisement
Advertisement