Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

re-checks?

Options
  • 12-08-2009 3:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭

everyone goes on about rechecks like your bound to pickup extra points

is this the case?

whats the chances of you not getting any points extra

is it possible to lose points in a re-check?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Yep it's possible to go down a grade as well as up, this rarely happens though.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭GVNDNN

Yeah you can move down a grade

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Signature

I saw a statistic somewhere of how many of those rechecked got something changed.

About 2 were graded down while... hundreds where graded up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Craigsy

I really want to do a level 8 engineering degree but i go a D1 instead of the C3 needed. Would it be worth while getting it rechecked?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Signature wrote: »
    I saw a statistic somewhere of how many of those rechecked got something changed.

About 2 were graded down while... hundreds where graded up.
    That's probably a slight exaggeration, but yes, usually it's either no change or upgraded.
    Craigsy wrote: »
    I really want to do a level 8 engineering degree but i go a D1 instead of the C3 needed. Would it be worth while getting it rechecked?
    Which subject?

If one subject means the difference between the course you want or not, and it's a matter of one grade, it might be worth getting it checked, otherwise you'll always wonder tbh.

At least go and view the scripts, preferably with someone who can give you a subjective and experienced second opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Craigsy

Forgot to say sorry, its higher maths. Its stopping me from getting into any level 8 engineering courses, although im doing the DIT maths next week. Will prob go view it with my maths teacher and see what he says

Craigsy wrote: »
    ... although im doing the DIT maths next week. Will prob go view it with my maths teacher and see what he says

Both sound like good ideas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

When can we look at our papers, the thing where you can have a look then decide to pay to have them rechecked?

Also when do we do this and where do we do it? Thanks.

CyberWaste wrote: »
    When can we look at our papers, the thing where you can have a look then decide to pay to have them rechecked?

Also when do we do this and where do we do it? Thanks.
    Viewing scripts / lodging appeals

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭alexcorb1991

That's probably a slight exaggeration, but yes, usually it's either no change or upgraded.

Yes the figure was 5 people were downgraded out around 11,000 rechecks

• Advertisement

Yes the figure was 5 people were downgraded out around 11,000 rechecks
    Wow, it's that low?

I stand corrected, tbh. I knew it was very low, but I didn't realise it was THAT miniscule!!

Advertisement