Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much would you spend on U2 tickets?

Options
  • 13-06-2005 11:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

I'm trying to get tickets for any of the u2 gigs. Got a quote for Saturday 25th for €130 is that a bit much? How much would you pay?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭Zyox

I'd pay 20eur to watch you burn them.
    Then I'd pee on them for free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 shapos83

The real fans are the ones who deserve to go, and shame on the touts who are trying to fleece them.

I'd say €120 or €130 won't be too far off the mark though; i e-mailed all my friends this morning offering to sell my pair of tickets for 100 each, and i've had plenty of offers. But just so you know, i'm actually selling them for €80 each to a fella in my hurling club who's been a fan since before i even knew who the fcuk U2 were.

I was a tiny bit tempted to sell them at way above face value, but then I reckon if there's any justice in the world I might get lucky somewhere down the line and NOT get fleeced myself when there's a gig I can't bear to miss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭mo_thoin

Hmmmmm...........how bout nothin????
    They disgust me!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 shapos83

Oh, and if its any use, i heard somewheree last week that one of their concerts in Germany wasn't sold out, it might cheaper for u & some friends to buy a ticket at face value for the gig over there, and get cheap flights over, than to stay in rip-off ireland, especially, "pull-your-pants-down-around-you-ankles-and-ride-you" Dublin!
    Good luck

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,083 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

It cost the equivalent of almost 120euro for the Cardiff tickets straight from Ticketmaster, or whoever it was that was floggin them. That makes the Dublin tickets actually quite reasonably priced.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

I think €130 is a bargain, probably at cost
    I got 2 fairly crap seats off ticketmster.ie for that price (or was it €140?).

Anyway i would def go for it.

Advertisement