Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No progress after two months trying to get landline and broadband

Options
  • 16-03-2015 12:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

For more than two months, I've been trying to get a broadband-enabled landline working in a house that was disconnected for a few years. No luck so far with any of the other ways of contacting Eircom - maybe making the issues public here will help?

Not only has Eircom been unable to provide the service, they have also constantly broken the deadlines they set themselves and fed me misleading information on pricing and what they actually had or had not done.

I'm self-employed and working from home, and this is costing me exorbitant amounts of time and money. Anyone in need of a new install should check whether alternatives to an Eircom landline are available in their area (sadly, it doesn't seem to be the case where I live) and, if not, brace themselves for the following.

If you end up caught in the web of incompetence detailed below, it may be useful to know that the only meaningful feedback I managed to receive from Eircom was after:

- I formally complained to ComReg Consumer Line about the lack of service and to the ASAI about attempts to charge more than the advertised price, and;

- I contacted the press office in my capacity as a journalist.

On January 12, I placed an order online through Eircom's website, while following advice from a sales rep named Liam through the site's live chat feature.

I ordered a new landline for a house without an existing connection and a 12-month DSL broadband contract (I live in a rural area without fibre). The monthly price on offer was €33 for six months, then €53.

I then received a confirmation email with erroneous information. The confirmed order was for an 18-month fibre broadband contract. I only noticed the problem when I received an SMS confirmation for the installation by a technician, which mentioned fibre.

On January 16, I called Eircom's sales department to flag the discrepancies and ask the order to be corrected to a 12-month DSL contract. After lengthy transfers to multiple correspondents, who each had to ask for detailed information and take several minutes to find my order, I was told that corrections could not be made to my order and it had to be cancelled. I could not place a new order until January 19, when the cancellation was complete.

On January 19, I called Eircom's sales department to place a new order. I was again transferred to multiple people, each of whom had to restart the process from scratch, until a serviceable sales rep named Nash finally put me on hold to clarify the matter with his superiors. He told me he was only authorised to offer me a 12-month DSL contract for €43 per month for six months, then €53. He added that the €33 price for the first six months was only available to customers who committed to an 18-month contract.
    When I insisted that the advertised price was €33 for the first six months, he said the only way to proceed was to place the order at €43 and try to obtain the advertised price from the Loyalty department after the order went through. Given no other option, I accepted and was attributed a phone number and an installation date of February 3.
    On January 29, I called Eircom's loyalty team. I waited for several minutes for a rep named Valerie to search for my order. She finally told me that the order had not yet gone through and therefore could not be amended. She added that she would amend the order to reflect the advertised price of €33 for the first six months instead of €43, but only if I called her back after the line was installed.

She also said that this could only be done over the phone and that the Loyalty team could not be contacted in writing about this issue.

As Eircom's terms and conditions state that "The Customer may cancel the Order for the Facility at any time prior to the Ready For Service date", this means that I have to commit to the contract and forego my right to cancel the order without having any formal confirmation that I will pay the advertised price. This is clearly abusive to consumers.

As a professional working from home, I also requested a call back from Eircom's business website on January 16, to see if I could get a better service that way. I was promised that someone would contact me within two working days, and received a confirmation email. Nobody has contacted me so far. I was also given a phone number for urgent enquiries. I called that number on January 20 and gave up after nobody picked up for 8 minutes.

Eircom gave me a phone call on January 16 to say that the current price for my package for the first six months was now €38 (yet another price!) but they accepted that the advertised price when I first ordered was €33, so they will bulk-credit to my first bill €60 to reflect the €5 difference over the 12-month duration of the contract. This means I would still get fleeced if I stayed with them longer that 12 months, but at this stage there is little chance of that happening.

On February 3, engineers from KN networks came to install the line, but they said they could not do it because the line that was previously attached to my house was diverted to serve other customers while nobody lived here for a few years.

KN said a team with more than 2 people would need to come to install an entire new line from the nearest road and gave us another appointment on February 6. My wife and I arranged to be at the house all day but they did not show up.

On February 10, another KN team came back (with two men only) and finally installed the line. It was immediately followed by a visit by an Eircom technician who needed to access the pole on our property because the KN visit had resulted in our neighbour's disconnection.

I understood from previous conversations with the Eircom sales team that I would receive my broadband modem by post within 3 to 5 days.

Ihad to go way for a few days and when I came back on February 27, the modem had not arrived. My in-laws receive our post when we are away and we know we did not miss it.

I called 1901 on that day and an Eircom customer service agent told me there was no record that I had ordered broadband. They put me through to sales.

The sales agent confirmed there was no record of my broadband order. He said I currently was on a €33/month plan with weekend and evening landline calls included but without broadband. I had never ordered such a plan.

He said he was placing an order for a 12-month broadband contract for me, at €38 per month for 6 months, then €53. I confirmed, on the basis that the promise of a rebate on my first bill to reflect the increase in price since I first ordered still stands.

At that point, ComReg consumer line raised the case with Eircom and an Eircom complaints agent called James called me on March 10 in the evening. I later received an email from Eircom on March 13 indicating that my complaint was being handled by their dedicated Complaints Team under the reference 1774380.

James said a modem was dispatched to me by post on March 4, but as I still hadn't received it, he would check again the next day and send another one if needed.

James called me again on March 11. There was still no modem so he said another one would be delivered by courier on March 12.

On March 12, the GLS courier driver called asking for directions to my house. When he could not find it readily, he decided to reschedule the delivery for the next day.

On March 13, GLS delivered the modem early in the afternoon. I plugged it in as instructed and the DSL light failed to light up. I connected to the wi-fi with my computer and a page came up indicating that there was no DSL connection. I have no landline phone (I have little interest in landline calls, what I need is broadband), but I borrowed a functioning one from a neighbour and plugged it into the phone outlet of the DSL filter: there was no tone.

I also plugged the phone directly into the recently installed Eircom wall socket: no tone either.

I called Eircom on 1901 at 3pm and the system ran an automated test, then indicated that a fault had been logged on my line and I would be contacted about it. There was no indication of what was needed to fix it and nobody contacted for the rest of the day.

I called Eircom customer service immediately after the test to try to talk to James about this. I was told that I could not be put through to James because other agents "do not have a phone number for him". They said they were alerting him by email, asking him to call me back. I didn't hear from him for the rest of the day.

I then contacted Eircom customer service on Twitter. An agent called Amber twitted back : "I'll send him on an email for you now, I can see a fault has been logged & sent to a crew as a priority so we will do our best to have this resolved as quickly as possible."

I tried to obtain further details on whether a visit was needed and when - to no avail.

I'm now concerned that successive KN and Eircom technicians may have simply switched my line back and forth between me and my neigbours. This concern is based on the following facts:

- When KN first came, they said a team with more than 2 people would need to come to install an entire new line from the nearest road because our former line had been diverted to serve the neighbours' new house;

- The next visit by KN consisted in two men only. It was immediately followed by a visit by an Eircom technician who needed to access the pole on our property because the KN visit had resulted in the neighbour's disconnection.

- I never had a chance to test the line after the Eircom technician came as I had no phone or modem available – it may well have been disconnected ever since.

On March 16, I called 1901 and an automated message said that the fault was expected to be fixed within 4 working days. With St Patrick’s days, this means another full week.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

tom_hubert wrote: »
    For more than two months, I've been trying to get a broadband-enabled landline working in a house that was disconnected for a few years. No luck so far with any of the other ways of contacting Eircom - maybe making the issues public here will help?

Not only has Eircom been unable to provide the service, they have also constantly broken the deadlines they set themselves and fed me misleading information on pricing and what they actually had or had not done.

I'm self-employed and working from home, and this is costing me exorbitant amounts of time and money. Anyone in need of a new install should check whether alternatives to an Eircom landline are available in their area (sadly, it doesn't seem to be the case where I live) and, if not, brace themselves for the following.

If you end up caught in the web of incompetence detailed below, it may be useful to know that the only meaningful feedback I managed to receive from Eircom was after:

- I formally complained to ComReg Consumer Line about the lack of service and to the ASAI about attempts to charge more than the advertised price, and;

- I contacted the press office in my capacity as a journalist.

On January 12, I placed an order online through Eircom's website, while following advice from a sales rep named Liam through the site's live chat feature.

I ordered a new landline for a house without an existing connection and a 12-month DSL broadband contract (I live in a rural area without fibre). The monthly price on offer was €33 for six months, then €53.

I then received a confirmation email with erroneous information. The confirmed order was for an 18-month fibre broadband contract. I only noticed the problem when I received an SMS confirmation for the installation by a technician, which mentioned fibre.

On January 16, I called Eircom's sales department to flag the discrepancies and ask the order to be corrected to a 12-month DSL contract. After lengthy transfers to multiple correspondents, who each had to ask for detailed information and take several minutes to find my order, I was told that corrections could not be made to my order and it had to be cancelled. I could not place a new order until January 19, when the cancellation was complete.

On January 19, I called Eircom's sales department to place a new order. I was again transferred to multiple people, each of whom had to restart the process from scratch, until a serviceable sales rep named Nash finally put me on hold to clarify the matter with his superiors. He told me he was only authorised to offer me a 12-month DSL contract for €43 per month for six months, then €53. He added that the €33 price for the first six months was only available to customers who committed to an 18-month contract.
    When I insisted that the advertised price was €33 for the first six months, he said the only way to proceed was to place the order at €43 and try to obtain the advertised price from the Loyalty department after the order went through. Given no other option, I accepted and was attributed a phone number and an installation date of February 3.
    On January 29, I called Eircom's loyalty team. I waited for several minutes for a rep named Valerie to search for my order. She finally told me that the order had not yet gone through and therefore could not be amended. She added that she would amend the order to reflect the advertised price of €33 for the first six months instead of €43, but only if I called her back after the line was installed.

She also said that this could only be done over the phone and that the Loyalty team could not be contacted in writing about this issue.

As Eircom's terms and conditions state that "The Customer may cancel the Order for the Facility at any time prior to the Ready For Service date", this means that I have to commit to the contract and forego my right to cancel the order without having any formal confirmation that I will pay the advertised price. This is clearly abusive to consumers.

As a professional working from home, I also requested a call back from Eircom's business website on January 16, to see if I could get a better service that way. I was promised that someone would contact me within two working days, and received a confirmation email. Nobody has contacted me so far. I was also given a phone number for urgent enquiries. I called that number on January 20 and gave up after nobody picked up for 8 minutes.

Eircom gave me a phone call on January 16 to say that the current price for my package for the first six months was now €38 (yet another price!) but they accepted that the advertised price when I first ordered was €33, so they will bulk-credit to my first bill €60 to reflect the €5 difference over the 12-month duration of the contract. This means I would still get fleeced if I stayed with them longer that 12 months, but at this stage there is little chance of that happening.

On February 3, engineers from KN networks came to install the line, but they said they could not do it because the line that was previously attached to my house was diverted to serve other customers while nobody lived here for a few years.

KN said a team with more than 2 people would need to come to install an entire new line from the nearest road and gave us another appointment on February 6. My wife and I arranged to be at the house all day but they did not show up.

On February 10, another KN team came back (with two men only) and finally installed the line. It was immediately followed by a visit by an Eircom technician who needed to access the pole on our property because the KN visit had resulted in our neighbour's disconnection.

I understood from previous conversations with the Eircom sales team that I would receive my broadband modem by post within 3 to 5 days.

Ihad to go way for a few days and when I came back on February 27, the modem had not arrived. My in-laws receive our post when we are away and we know we did not miss it.

I called 1901 on that day and an Eircom customer service agent told me there was no record that I had ordered broadband. They put me through to sales.

The sales agent confirmed there was no record of my broadband order. He said I currently was on a €33/month plan with weekend and evening landline calls included but without broadband. I had never ordered such a plan.

He said he was placing an order for a 12-month broadband contract for me, at €38 per month for 6 months, then €53. I confirmed, on the basis that the promise of a rebate on my first bill to reflect the increase in price since I first ordered still stands.

At that point, ComReg consumer line raised the case with Eircom and an Eircom complaints agent called James called me on March 10 in the evening. I later received an email from Eircom on March 13 indicating that my complaint was being handled by their dedicated Complaints Team under the reference 1774380.

James said a modem was dispatched to me by post on March 4, but as I still hadn't received it, he would check again the next day and send another one if needed.

James called me again on March 11. There was still no modem so he said another one would be delivered by courier on March 12.

On March 12, the GLS courier driver called asking for directions to my house. When he could not find it readily, he decided to reschedule the delivery for the next day.

On March 13, GLS delivered the modem early in the afternoon. I plugged it in as instructed and the DSL light failed to light up. I connected to the wi-fi with my computer and a page came up indicating that there was no DSL connection. I have no landline phone (I have little interest in landline calls, what I need is broadband), but I borrowed a functioning one from a neighbour and plugged it into the phone outlet of the DSL filter: there was no tone.

I also plugged the phone directly into the recently installed Eircom wall socket: no tone either.

I called Eircom on 1901 at 3pm and the system ran an automated test, then indicated that a fault had been logged on my line and I would be contacted about it. There was no indication of what was needed to fix it and nobody contacted for the rest of the day.

I called Eircom customer service immediately after the test to try to talk to James about this. I was told that I could not be put through to James because other agents "do not have a phone number for him". They said they were alerting him by email, asking him to call me back. I didn't hear from him for the rest of the day.

I then contacted Eircom customer service on Twitter. An agent called Amber twitted back : "I'll send him on an email for you now, I can see a fault has been logged & sent to a crew as a priority so we will do our best to have this resolved as quickly as possible."

I tried to obtain further details on whether a visit was needed and when - to no avail.

I'm now concerned that successive KN and Eircom technicians may have simply switched my line back and forth between me and my neigbours. This concern is based on the following facts:

- When KN first came, they said a team with more than 2 people would need to come to install an entire new line from the nearest road because our former line had been diverted to serve the neighbours' new house;

- The next visit by KN consisted in two men only. It was immediately followed by a visit by an Eircom technician who needed to access the pole on our property because the KN visit had resulted in the neighbour's disconnection.

- I never had a chance to test the line after the Eircom technician came as I had no phone or modem available – it may well have been disconnected ever since.

On March 16, I called 1901 and an automated message said that the fault was expected to be fixed within 4 working days. With St Patrick’s days, this means another full week.
    Hi tom_hubert

I see you have raised this through other eircom social media channels. You will be updated accordingly via Twitter where you first raised this issue.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 13 tom_hubert

On March 18, an Eircom engineer came – the first visit by actual Eircom staff – and established the same diagnostics as the first KN crew who came on February 3: additional wiring is needed from the road, another team must come to do it, the timeframe for this is unknown.
    Apparently the report from the first KN visit was never sent, or never received, or never passed on. Whatever.

This morning March 19, another Eircom engineer came. He again gave us information KN had already given us on February 3: additional wiring is needed all the way across the fields between our house and the road. He escalated this to his boss, who said KN had since then charged Eircom as if they had installed that additional wiring, but had apparently not done it. He said the job would now be done shortly, hopefully in the next day or so.
    I'm looking forward to that happening as soon as possible and would like to insist that I will not accept any reference to a dispute between Eircom and its contractors as an excuse for further delays. The only reason I chose Eircom for both the line re-installation and the landline/broadband contract was to deal with only one supplier and avoid being bounced around between companies that blame each other for faults. Further, I expect Eircom to finish the necessary work with their own staff and I would be very reluctant to give KN access to the premises after all the difficulties linked to their involvement so far.

This morning March 19, another Eircom engineer came. He again gave us information KN had already given us on February 3: additional wiring is needed all the way across the fields between our house and the road. He escalated this to his boss, who said KN had since then charged Eircom as if they had installed that additional wiring, but had apparently not done it. He said the job would now be done shortly, hopefully in the next day or so.
    I'm looking forward to that happening as soon as possible and would like to insist that I will not accept any reference to a dispute between Eircom and its contractors as an excuse for further delays. The only reason I chose Eircom for both the line re-installation and the landline/broadband contract was to deal with only one supplier and avoid being bounced around between companies that blame each other for faults. Further, I expect Eircom to finish the necessary work with their own staff and I would be very reluctant to give KN access to the premises after all the difficulties linked to their involvement so far.
    Hi tom_hubert

I understand the experience so far has been frustrating and of course disappointing. With the greatest respect if the final works require KN Networks to complete then this will be the only choice we can offer beyond offering the choice to cancel the order as eircom do not accept demands for specific engineers or crews. In saying that, t does look more likely that eircom engineers will be responsible for completing the works.

I fully understand you refusal to accept any reference to a dispute between Eircom and its contractors as an excuse for further delays and once installed I will arrange 2 month line rental credit for the delays and inconvenience caused.

Thanks
    Al

Here is what happened since my last post: later on March 19, yet another Eircom engineer left a voicemail on my mobile asking for directions to the house. I called him back within minutes, then later, but could not reach him. I gave directions by text and haven’t heard from him since.
    On March 20 in the morning, Eircom complaints team called me to say technicians were supposed to be working on my line. I said I hadn’t seen them yet but requested that they update me before they leave.
    Later on March 20, the KN engineer who had conducted the first visit on February 3 came back. He confirmed that a larger team was required to install a full length of new wiring along the 15 poles between our house and the road, and that the KN team who came after him had probably instead taken our neighbour’s line to connect us – only for Eircom to switch it back to the neighbour immediately, and rightly so. He apologised on behalf of KN for the difficulties. We are now waiting for KN to come back and finish the job. The timeframe for this remains unclear.
    Now that the exact extent of the work needing to be done has been confirmed by visits from 3 different engineers from both Eircom and KN to be exactly what was initially assessed on February 3, it should be no problem for Eircom to give me a certain and accurate schedule of when my connectivity will be restored and I'm looking forward to that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Here is what happened since my last post: later on March 19, yet another Eircom engineer left a voicemail on my mobile asking for directions to the house. I called him back within minutes, then later, but could not reach him. I gave directions by text and haven’t heard from him since.
    On March 20 in the morning, Eircom complaints team called me to say technicians were supposed to be working on my line. I said I hadn’t seen them yet but requested that they update me before they leave.
    Later on March 20, the KN engineer who had conducted the first visit on February 3 came back. He confirmed that a larger team was required to install a full length of new wiring along the 15 poles between our house and the road, and that the KN team who came after him had probably instead taken our neighbour’s line to connect us – only for Eircom to switch it back to the neighbour immediately, and rightly so. He apologised on behalf of KN for the difficulties. We are now waiting for KN to come back and finish the job. The timeframe for this remains unclear.
    Now that the exact extent of the work needing to be done has been confirmed by visits from 3 different engineers from both Eircom and KN to be exactly what was initially assessed on February 3, it should be no problem for Eircom to give me a certain and accurate schedule of when my connectivity will be restored and I'm looking forward to that.
    Hi Tom,  It does seem that this may have to be completed by eircom engineers, we will get some clarity on this for you.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Akabusi

Hi Tom, 

The majority of your post sounds exactly like my situation. I too ordered broadband in early January and have yet to be still connected. I had all the same problems with being given a different price to what I was then being charged. I then had severe issues getting a line physically connected. This was eventually done and I received a modem. I have a dial tone and have been told that the line tests okay but I still don't have a DSL connection. I also had all the same problems you had when calling eircom and only got an initial response when I posted here - although I have sent a pm and last posted in my thread on 10th March and yet I'm still waiting on a reply to either message. Funny enough the bill still arrives for a service I do not have. 

I have been quite patient with my issue and have not spent the hours chasing eircom that you have nor will I so I have decided that I want out of my contract as eircom cannot provide me with a service that I am paying for. I will post a message in my thread notifying eircom of my intention to cancel my direct debit. Lesson learned, I wish I had known of this forum before deciding to go with eircom. 

Good luck with your efforts in dealing with this lot. 

Hi tom_hubert

I see that the line should now be up and running, if there are any further issues please let us know.

Thanks
    Al

Hi tom_hubert

I see that the line should now be up and running, if there are any further issues please let us know.

Thanks
    Al
    Hi Al and thanks for your reply,
    As detailed in emails to Customer Care and to Comreg last night, my line was finally connected yesterday evening but serious problems remain. The line itself seems to be working fine: I can make and receive phone calls and the internet connection is good for some websites, including heavy ones like YouTube.
    However, what I thought was a temporary slowdown in broadband speed from 6pm as described in my email is in fact permanent failure to access a wide range of websites from this connection.
    For example, I can't access the eflow M50 toll payment website nor the Eircom community forum. The pages keep loading indefinitely and nothing comes up. When I switch to my low-speed, Three Mobile 3G connection on the same computer with the same browser, they load within seconds. Same with many French websites. At this stage the service cannot be described as up and running.
    In addition, Eircom debited my bank account yesterday as if the service had been available since February 5, without sending me a bill in advance nor applying the €60 credit promised to compensate the price I'm paying being higher than that advertised when I ordered. I called accounts by phone yesterday and expect this to be corrected in a bill to be posted to me today.
    I would be grateful if you could let me know how and when the restrictive web access issue can be fixed. As outlined in my email, I also expect significantly higher compensation for the accumulated inconvenience than the two months' line rental credit offered on two occasions in the past few weeks (i.e. 4 months or around €100 in total).
    If both those issues can be solved within days, I may consider going ahead with the 12-month contract I have ordered. If not, now that I have a functioning landline, I will switch my broadband and voice services to another provider.
    Looking forward to hearing from you.

Akabusi wrote: »
    Hi Tom, 

The majority of your post sounds exactly like my situation. I too ordered broadband in early January and have yet to be still connected. I had all the same problems with being given a different price to what I was then being charged. I then had severe issues getting a line physically connected. This was eventually done and I received a modem. I have a dial tone and have been told that the line tests okay but I still don't have a DSL connection. I also had all the same problems you had when calling eircom and only got an initial response when I posted here - although I have sent a pm and last posted in my thread on 10th March and yet I'm still waiting on a reply to either message. Funny enough the bill still arrives for a service I do not have. 

I have been quite patient with my issue and have not spent the hours chasing eircom that you have nor will I so I have decided that I want out of my contract as eircom cannot provide me with a service that I am paying for. I will post a message in my thread notifying eircom of my intention to cancel my direct debit. Lesson learned, I wish I had known of this forum before deciding to go with eircom. 

Good luck with your efforts in dealing with this lot. 
    Thanks Akabusi for your support and good luck with your own connection. I hope you have alternatives to Eircom landlines in your area - sadly, it's not the case where I live.

• Advertisement

Hi tom_hubert

Sorry to hear of the recent issues. I've requested technical support (& accounts in relation to the debit and credit) to look in to this. As soon as I have an update I'll be back in touch with you right away.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭machalla

Hi tom_hubert

Perhaps making a complaint via Comreg might be of some help?

http://www.askcomreg.ie/tell_us/complaints_and_queries.51.LE.asp

I'm just going through the Comreg complaints process myself over their treatment of us as new customers.

Best of luck with it.

Thanks machalla - yes I've had a Comreg complaint open for a few weeks and it has helped in getting reaction from Eircom (as in, there was none before that).

Thanks machalla - yes I've had a Comreg complaint open for a few weeks and it has helped in getting reaction from Eircom (as in, there was none before that).

[font=Times New Roman","serif]Hi tom_hubert

Technical support have asked me that to advise you to log in to your router and change the DNS settings to the following
    [/font]

[font=Times New Roman","serif]159.134.0.2[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]&[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]159.134.0.1[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif] [/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]They have also advised me to ask you to ensure that Under "HomeNetworking" Disable "UPNP" - this should resolve the issues you are currently experiencing. If you have issues in doing this please contact technical support either on 1890260260 of via WebChat at www.eircom.ie/chatnow and they will gladly assist you in doing this.[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]Also I would like to confirm that €60 credit has already been approved but I agree the issues created here do warrant for further credit which I have applied for (€51.56)[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]Thanks[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]Al[/font]

Thanks Al for the router settings - this seems to have worked and several previously blocked websites I've visited since applying the settings are now accessible.
    Thanks also for applying the €51.56 credit. I see you had previously applied the same rebate on March 19 in the discussion above, and James from the complaints team separately offered another credit worth two months' line rental in a phone discussion on March 10.
    Am I correct in understanding that such credit will apply three times, i.e. to a total amount of €154? This would go some way towards the absolute minimum €300 rebate I've requested from the team handling my Comreg complaint.
    However, I understand you may not be authorised to offer more than two months' line rental at a time and I'm happy to hear back from the complaints team separately about this.

Thanks Al for the router settings - this seems to have worked and several previously blocked websites I've visited since applying the settings are now accessible.
    Thanks also for applying the €51.56 credit. I see you had previously applied the same rebate on March 19 in the discussion above, and James from the complaints team separately offered another credit worth two months' line rental in a phone discussion on March 10.
    Am I correct in understanding that such credit will apply three times, i.e. to a total amount of €154? This would go some way towards the absolute minimum €300 rebate I've requested from the team handling my Comreg complaint.
    However, I understand you may not be authorised to offer more than two months' line rental at a time and I'm happy to hear back from the complaints team separately about this.
    Really happy to hear that worked Tom, thanks for letting me know. Small things like the settings may not seem much but make all the difference. A total credit of €111.56 has been applied to your account, hopefully this will improve the whole experience but also feel free to back in touch with me here should you ever need to :)

Thanks
    Al

Not sure the post I was writing saved properly - apols if this is duplicated.
    In short:
    - Thanks Al - new router settings seem to have unblocked sites I couldn't access.
    - Thanks also for credit offer - I note you also offered similar credit on March 19 above, and so did James of the complaints team on March 10. The total rebate offered at various junctures as new difficulties emerged is now around €154, and I'm looking forward to seeing this confirmed in my bill. This would go some way towards the absolute minimum €300 I've requested from the team handling my Comreg complaints and I'm looking forward to hearing from them separately on this.

Not sure the post I was writing saved properly - apols if this is duplicated.
    In short:
    - Thanks Al - new router settings seem to have unblocked sites I couldn't access.
    - Thanks also for credit offer - I note you also offered similar credit on March 19 above, and so did James of the complaints team on March 10. The total rebate offered at various junctures as new difficulties emerged is now around €154, and I'm looking forward to seeing this confirmed in my bill. This would go some way towards the absolute minimum €300 I've requested from the team handling my Comreg complaints and I'm looking forward to hearing from them separately on this.

I'm really happy to hear the issues have been resolved Tom. All credits are approved by eircom accounts, under specific guidelines. When I advised of 2 months credit,  once installed,  this was in line with those guidelines.  The total credit approved by eircom is €111.56 which is over 4 months’ worth of line rental. I understand the level of inconvenience the issues have created however this will be the maximum amount offered

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement