Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Direct flights Dublin Stockholm

Options
  • 27-03-2015 6:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭

Hi guys,

Anyone know of any direct flights from Dublin to Stockholm? The only ones I can find for next week are with SAS at 900EUR return. Seems a little excessive.

Comments

Moved from After Hours. Please read Travel charter before posting.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,271 ✭✭✭✭fits

Ryanair? You could also looked at Finnair and Norwegian But they won't be direct. Changing is no hassle though.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭nilsonmickey

Ryanair don't fly to Sweden. Yes Finnair and Norweigan are not direct. The times are not great.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭whippet

I booked with SAS a few weeks back direct to stockholm for the easter weekend .. €300 return .. same flights now are about €900. The direct flights are fairly limited and as such tend to be really expensive unless booked well in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭zagmund

Ryanair don't fly to Sweden. Yes Finnair and Norweigan are not direct. The times are not great.

Maybe we could all have a whip around and set up a new airline flying to wherever you need . . . although it might be *a bit expensive* to do that to a high cost destination in just a week.

You seem to know all the options, so what information are you looking for?

z

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

^^^ I've deleted posts as they're not suitable for our Travel forum nor helpful to the poster.

Now OP, I just looked on skyscanner there with random dates for next week for you. The only result, 1* direct, came in at 750euro.

Try here and it'd give you the answer with your actual chosen dates.

Thanks,
    kerry4sam

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭dogcat

You could get a cheap flight with Ryanair to Copenhagen in Denmark and from there get a train to Stockholm? Not direct though but would save a lot of money.

Thanks. I got a flight via Frankfurt with Lufthansa for 139EUR. That seemed reasonable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭jaymcg91

Didn't Ryanair fly to Stockholm at one point? Skavsta? I wonder why they stopped.

jaymcg91 wrote: »
    Didn't Ryanair fly to Stockholm at one point? Skavsta? I wonder why they stopped.

They did but Skavsta was miles away from the city. They cancelled it about 2 years ago. They had a Göteborg route also but that got canned maybe 6 years ago.

Never announced why they cancelled it. Typical Ryanair.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement