Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sick of the scumbags in this city ** Mod Warning in Op **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

There are more taxes than income taxes... come on, google harder

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Iranoutofideas

a lot of Galway acquaintances of mine love Limerick because it feels real as opposed to pissing beside some bloke in Dreadlocks wearing open toe sandals I the Middle of winter which seems to be ubiquitous in Galway along with mime artists and fire eaters.

Give me the dreadlocked guy in sandals, the mime artists and fire eaters over pigeon walking scobes with their hands down their tracksuit pants, tucked into their white socks and a bunch of obese orange faced oompa loompa lookalikes pushing prams down the street like battering rams.

Here's a visual for you.

Limerick

MLvsBZU.jpg

Galway

Galway_buskers_by_enelrahs.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Their racing again lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭policarp

Give me the dreadlocked guy in sandals, the mime artists and fire eaters over pigeon walking scobes with their hands down their tracksuit pants, tucked into their white socks and a bunch of obese orange faced oompa loompa lookalikes pushing prams down the street like battering rams.

Here's a visual for you.

Limerick

MLvsBZU.jpg

Galway

One left, one right, both lame, Disneyland.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

I don't think you've ever seen Clarina Park in Ballinacurra Weston.Go on Google maps and use street view and you'll be shocked. It looks like Syria and it shows exactly the respect they have for where tax payers money goes, or lack of. The areas you've mentioned above are just regular council estates, the worst you'll see is a boarded up house, just look at Clarina Park on Google street maps in Limerick,there's a bit of a difference. There's nowhere you'll find as bad, I've never seen anything like it except for a war torn country.
    The google maps guys must have been ****ting it driving down there. That said, I've seen worse than Clarina park in Limerick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

policarp wrote: »
    One left, one right, both lame, Disneyland.

disneyland :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Here's a visual for you.

Limerick

MLvsBZU.jpg

Galway

I'm from Gawwwwwwwwwwwlway, so I have to dress, like, so alternative, and you know, like, yeah man, even though nobody can remember the last really decent band to ever come out of the place :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Xennon

nobody can remember the last really decent band to ever come out of the place

Big Bag of Stix

Not to derail the thread, but I think Galway tries too hard to be the hippy and arty centre of Ireland, but yeah, I suppose I'd take some hippies over scum any day.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,147 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I'm not sure which is worse, a city centre full of scobes or hipsters.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Roquentin

I don't think you've ever seen Clarina Park in Ballinacurra Weston.Go on Google maps and use street view and you'll be shocked. It looks like Syria and it shows exactly the respect they have for where tax payers money goes, or lack of. The areas you've mentioned above are just regular council estates, the worst you'll see is a boarded up house, just look at Clarina Park on Google street maps in Limerick,there's a bit of a difference. There's nowhere you'll find as bad, I've never seen anything like it except for a war torn country.

it looks bad alright.

in fairness i think the other so called areas look alright. most of moyross seemed ok. (unless someone wants to point out the bad areas)

but that place is a dump alright

seachto7 wrote: »
    Not to derail the thread, but I think Galway tries too hard to be the hippy and arty centre of Ireland, but yeah, I suppose I'd take some hippies over scum any day.
    Much much MUCH prefer Limerick to Galway. Hippies, hipsters and tourists lapping up the plastic Irishness of the place

Well then, if you prefer a city full of scum to the scene in Galway so be it.

People with this attitude deserve everything that comes with their preference. Zero sympathy when it bites them on the ass.

Of course you'd never see scumbags around Galway. It's much too "pretentious", or trying to be, for that. At least in Limerick, most of the time, what you see is what you get, and it's as arty as Galway too, we just don't make a song and dance about it. Literally.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Damnes if you have no culture, damned if you have too much. Middle of the road tedium for everyone, that's what we want...

Roquentin wrote: »
    it looks bad alright.

in fairness i think the other so called areas look alright. most of moyross seemed ok. (unless someone wants to point out the bad areas)

but that place is a dump alright
    Moyross is looking really well these days in fairness

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭Totally Tropical

Well then, if you prefer a city full of scum to the scene in Galway so be it.

People with this attitude deserve everything that comes with their preference. Zero sympathy when it bites them on the ass.

Limerick is a great city with great people.Yeah we all know it has it's problems although the problems Limerick has are not exclusive to Limerick itself despite what some people would try to have you believe.Nowhere is perfect so get off you're high horse.Limerick has way more positives than negatives but of course that doesn't fit in with the Irish Independent style anti Limerick agenda amongst certain posters on here. Galway has it's bad element too and they are provincial towns around the country that are way worse than Limerick for thugs and scumbags.Limerick has one of the safest city centres in the country.
    People saying they feel uncomfortable walking around Limerick, something I have seen on here many times and heard from others for years now, do not deserve to be criticised when they articulate that view.

The people who should be criticised are the gurriers that make them feel like that. Comparisons to other cities are irrelevant. This is the Limerick Forum. Limerick is our city and our home.

People saying that they love Limerick and it's people and that it's problems are no worse when in comparison to other places in Ireland do not deserves to be criticised when they articulate that view.Of course when i pointed out that other places have their flaws too you said in response that comparisons to other places are irrelevant.It's a pity that you don't actually practise what you preach.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭Totally Tropical

God love them they really love that pimp cane image.It's a pity the same people aren't as enthusiastic about posting Limerick images like this.

20110307224135_swans-at-sunset.jpg

Limerick_nightlife_traveltogroup.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Roquentin

nice pictures

Limerick is a great city with great people.Yeah we all know it has it's problems although the problems Limerick has are not exclusive to Limerick itself despite what some people would try to have you believe.Nowhere is perfect so get off you're high horse.Limerick has way more positives than negatives but of course that doesn't fit in with the Irish Independent style anti Limerick agenda amongst certain posters on here. Galway has it's bad element too and they are provincial towns around the country that are way worse than Limerick for thugs and scumbags.Limerick has one of the safest city centres in the country.

People saying that they love Limerick and it's people and that it's problems are no worse when in comparison to other places in Ireland do not deserves to be criticised when they articulate that view.Of course when i pointed out that other places have their flaws too you said in response that comparisons to other places are irrelevant.It's a pity that you don't actually practise what you preach.

Get off my high horse? That's rich coming from you. You're always on here trying to whitewash any thread that discusses problems in Limerick, like one of those godawful "I Love Limerick" types who think everything in Limerick is "amazeballs".

This bull**** "sure everywhere has problems" excuse that is trotted out ad nauseum epitomises the head in the sand attitude that is rife in Limerick.

You and your ilk are part of the problem, not the solution.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 777 ✭✭✭Youngblood.III

A friend of mine was on Cruise's St, last week, got punched by a scumbag who asked him for a smoke...lovely city, very safe. :-/

A friend of mine was on Cruise's St, last week, got punched by a scumbag who asked him for a smoke...lovely city, very safe. :-/
    In fairness that was a once off incident and doesn't prove any pattern. I've lived here for the last 25 years and I've been punched exactly zero times. Had my bicycle stolen, that's about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Lester Freamon

Get off my high horse? That's rich coming from you. You're always on here trying to whitewash any thread that discusses problems in Limerick, like one of those godawful "I Love Limerick" types who think everything in Limerick is "amazeballs".

This bull**** "sure everywhere has problems" excuse that is trotted out ad nauseum epitomises the head in the sand attitude that is rife in Limerick.

Great post. The head in the sand element in limerick drive me mad too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

My dad is from Galway and we were there for summers as a child and it has always been the "alternative" city of Ireland. Dreadlocks and dogs on ropes are not a new trend up there. Give me a bunch of juggling vegans, however mis-guided they may be, over a bunch of violent uneducated scumbags any day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,574 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

Have to agree with this. Anywhere else with the same problems as Limerick also has plenty of positives to outweigh them. Limerick doesn't. It's hard to find something uniquely positive about Limerick. Does something uniquely positive about Limerick even exist?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Folks,

Attack the post, not the poster, this is the last warning on this thread, there is a great discussion going on here, no need to drag it down as this will only result in bans and the thread being closed.

Parchment wrote: »
    My dad is from Galway and we were there for summers as a child and it has always been the "alternative" city of Ireland. Dreadlocks and dogs on ropes are not a new trend up there. Give me a bunch of juggling vegans, however mis-guided they may be, over a bunch of violent uneducated scumbags any day.

I suppose they both have something in common. They're all signing on

• Site Banned Posts: 777 ✭✭✭Youngblood.III

In fairness that was a once off incident and doesn't prove any pattern. I've lived here for the last 25 years and I've been punched exactly zero times. Had my bicycle stolen, that's about it.

Not really, wasn't two girls beaten up on cruises St recently, it was on the national news.
    There seems to be an element of scummy-ness creeping back into this street, bunch's of losers hanging around at night time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

I agree with this too - i work with a guy who refuses to acknowledge any of the problems in the city. Limerick has a lot of problems - but that doesnt mean everyone here is bad and its a total kip. Its counterproductive to refuse to see and acknowledge the very obvious problems the city has - more than other cities that are comparable in size.

• Advertisement

There is a group of youngfellas hanging around the cruises st junction, by the icon these days who seem to be looking for scraps with anyone they fancy getting the better of these days. I saw them in action recently on a random youngfella.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement