Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Caties Bubbles-Le Marche du Rasage - Shaving Soap

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭skankles

Damn its gone. I have lpv they make great soap. 5 swirls with brush & ur good to go!

Went back on sale. Nabbed one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

skankles wrote: »
    Went back on sale. Nabbed one.

How good is this stuff?

I have CATIES Bubbles LPV. it's amazing scent. Five swirls with wet brush & you've loads of lather for 3 pass shave. Easily. The Le Marche Du Rasage is getting great reviews so I went for it, even though I promised there'd be no more soap. Regards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

How good is this stuff?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09eGS-rULyI skip to 2min in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Damn, I just got my first smell of the scent of LPV today. If LMR is meant to be 3x better I'm sold!

So I tried LPV today and now I regret a bit of my effusiveness from yesterday. Upon consideration of the scent present during the shave I've this to say: it's got a strong dose of spiciness which i like, but drowned out by a blanket of sweetness. It reminds me of Tiki soaps which are all just different variations of sweet.. sweetness with subtleties. While it lathered up nice and thick, and I was aware not to overload which seems easy enough to do, I didn't get the slickness I wanted. The lather seemed thick and yoghurty. Post shave wasn't bad. It's a good soap, but perhaps not a great soap?

Its all subjective I suppose. All the artisan soaps should be good. Your paying a premium its the least you would expect. I still love porasso soaps and creams. A fraction of the price & they hold their own against all the artisan makers.

It's back in stock , http://catiesbubbles.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=69_66&products_id=293

Plus, he has a special order of one called Mile High Menthol Shaving Soap, http://catiesbubbles.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=69_66&products_id=269

I'll give that one a pass though because, I'm not a fan of Eucalyptus and also my wife said she'd kill me if I bought any more shave sh*t.

It's back in stock , http://catiesbubbles.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=69_66&products_id=293

Plus, he has a special order of one called Mile High Menthol Shaving Soap, http://catiesbubbles.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=69_66&products_id=269

I'll give that one a pass though because, I'm not a fan of Eucalyptus and also my wife said she'd kill me if I bought any more shave sh*t.

Boom!

I grabbed a bar there. Thanks mate

• Advertisement

hangs head...

I succumbed, I can't judge too harshly based on a single shave and the reviews are so good I know I could pass it on so let's bring another puck over to this side of the pond and find out! Will post to this thread upon arrival (and several shaves next time).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

What's it working out at for a puck or two shipped to Ireland?

$35 shipping to ireland for one1 8 oz jar

I had mine sent out to my sisters in California so I won't get my hands on it until May. Cost me 25 euro.

I just ordered the one puck. It is $13 in shipping for one or $18 for two.
    Products
    1 x Le Marche du Rasage - Shaving Soap = $20.00
    Sub-Total: $20.00
    Zone Rates (Shipping to IE): $13.00
    Total: $33.00

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭nc6000

Wow, that's expensive. I hope it's good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

That shipping is cheap compared to Martin De Candre - €15 from France. Madness

hitemfrank wrote: »

No shipping for this one, http://www.brownthomas.com/mens-skincare/shaving-cream/invt/47x3072x51002 :eek:

Of all my soaps Mikes is still my favorite and it's cheaper http://www.mikesnaturalsoaps.com/Mikes_Natural_Soaps/Shaving_Soaps.html

nc6000 wrote: »
    Wow, that's expensive. I hope it's good.

8 ounces for $20 is good value. Its a big container. Shipping is the kicker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭lizzyman

hitemfrank wrote: »

I love the idea of high quality boutique-y soaps as much as anyone but €15 for shipping soap from Ireland to France is madness. Almost as bad as Gilette gouging us for years with the price of cartridges/

This thread on B&B makes for interesting reading:

badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/242598-Looking-for-about-10-Volunteers-to-try-a-new-soap

Some guy sent 10 volunteers samples of a mysterious new soap and had them all raving about 'lather' 'slickness' and 'cushion' until they found out what the soap really was, Neutragena facial soap ($1 at walmart apparantly) :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

It doesn't need to be fancy or expensive to get the job done. One of my favourite soaps is a Palmolive shave stick. You used to be able to get them for under a Euro in Tecso.

That said, Martin De Candre is wonderful and I know I'll end up paying the stupid shipping fee at some point. Their shipping used to be about €30 from what I remember about 18 months ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭jpb1974

MdC is just one of those ones you find you just have to try as it gets talked about so much.

I got a jar, think it worked out about €50 including the postage. The one thing I will say is that this still will last a very, very, very long time. I've used it about 20 times and the jar still looks full.

It's good stuff, but there are others that cost a fraction of the price that work just as well. Try Le Pere Lucien, similar and good, but cheaper.

Did you go for the regular or unscented version?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭jpb1974

The regular I believe. They also sent me a sample of their Fougère. Too hard to press into a container, but I bet it would give at least 30 shaves.

I was just on their site but I couldn't bring myself to order. They wanted €10 to ship even the small 50g soap. I have the email address of the guy who makes Le Pere Lucien so I think I'll get a puck of that when the TOBS unscented I'm using now is gone.

Thanks Uncle Sam, I get awful migraines from strong scents so I usually stick to unscented products. Do you have the scented or unscented LPL?

I have the scented. Love the container they come in BTW. Very old school.

Got this today. Nice scent and decent lather. Very hungry for the water

• Advertisement
Advertisement