Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Erratic payments of IB

Options
  • 18-08-2011 1:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I was just wondering if anybody else goes thru this. I am on Illness Benefit and collect my weekly cert from GP every tuesday between 11-12. I fill out the form and drop it into the local welfare office by 12.30 that day.

For the last 3-4 weeks i have had the money lodged to my account on different days. The worst being last week, I dropped the cert in on Tuesday the 9th and the money went into my a/c Monday the 15th.

The week prior was a Bank Hol and they had the payment in my a/c on friday that week.

Am i just unlucky or is there a mass problem?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭Granger13

When its paid into the bank account it is usualy paid on a set day, like for example on a wednesday or thursday regardless of what day you submitted your cert. (on a bank holiday, it is usualy logged in the friday before if its paid electronically, so that day sounds correct for bank holidays),

You should contact the Illness Benefit section and ask them why is it been logged on random days as you shouldnt have to wait around for them to decide what day there going to pay you each week. There contact number is LoCall: 1890 928 400

Advertisement