Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Contacting the office

Options
  • 17-08-2011 8:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭

Hi there,
    How can one get in contact with the local social welfare office? I have the listed phone number but after ringing 20x in the last 2 days - i give up...
    Can get through!
    Is there any way of getting a simple query answered?
    Thank you!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭gustafo

Dr Nic wrote: »
    Hi there,
    How can one get in contact with the local social welfare office? I have the listed phone number but after ringing 20x in the last 2 days - i give up...
    Can get through!
    Is there any way of getting a simple query answered?
    Thank you!

yes walk into the office and queue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

That's pretty incredible... this is 2011, there a hundreds of thousands of people on the live register, and there is no available phone line for your office?

I just don't understand that... I can ring revenue or access and engage with my account online, why not the social services?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭eastbono

later10 wrote: »
    That's pretty incredible... this is 2011, there a hundreds of thousands of people on the live register, and there is no available phone line for your office?

I just don't understand that... I can ring revenue or access and engage with my account online, why not the social services?

Me again lol. In most offices there are x amount of people to answer the phone and x amount of people to man the public counter. The phones normally work on a chasing round... eg. x amount of people are answering the phones but the other phones ring but the people for these phones are on the public counter and even if all phones are being answered whatever way the system is set up it never rings engaged. Hope that answers your question. Its not that people arent answering them its just not enough staff to do so mostly.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,523 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

if it's a simple query ,put it up here I'm sure it will be answered.

Advertisement