Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

deposit-rent supplement

• 15-05-2011 10:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

I was just wondering does anyone know if i am able to recieve rent supplement will the cwo help me with the deposit and first months rent as i need this all at once and it is 800euro!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Kerry3333

Not for the first 6 months unless you were renting before or you go to the Local Authority housing and they assess you as having a housing need. If you were renting before, for at least 6months out of this last year, then go to the CWO and you should be entitled to it then.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 460 ✭✭four18

They will generally give you the deposit only, not both. Some landlords know this and will rent to you with deposit and collect the rent in arrears.
    Be sure to mention this to landlord early or else try to get 400 together yourself .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 156 ✭✭daviddwyer

There is no entitlement to a deposit.... but the CWO can make an urgent needs payment. CWO will definitely not pay rent in advance - most Landlords are aware of this and some are accomodating.

Advertisement