Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slane - SOLDOUT...already???

Options
  • 10-06-2005 11:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭

Just checked ticketmaster.. and it's sold out! :eek:
    I didnt want tickets, but I don't believe this for a second.
    Ok, they will have sold a good lot, but not a sell out already.

Me think's they're doing this for publicity.. expect plenty more tickets to go on sale over the summer.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

I'd say another load will appear out of the sky later on in the Summer tbh. There's absolutely no way eminem has sold 80,000 tickets in one day.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,618 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Agreed.
    They've probably sold 30,000 and will release further tickets later on in drips.
    Good idea not to post the ticketmaster.ie ones until mid August.
    But someone please xplain why they allow 6 per person?.
    It should be 2 and if your mates what some, let them q/get on-line etc to get them. That's why tickets are scare as people buy 6 only needing 2/4 and sell the balance for higher prices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭mo_thoin

Tis probably the children!!! Parents buyin them for their kids, a lot of birthdays fall during the summer!!! Anyway anyone wit any taste in music wont be bothered!!
    To think of all the great acts that donned(sp??) that venue and now look......

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Evil Sausage

Yeah, that and Im sure there were a good few chancers buying tickets in bulk for profit. Theres no way that show is sold out. In the same way the 1st 2 U2 gigs werent sold out and the same way the RHCP Slane gig wasnt sold out.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

You want what you can't have...
    The Forbidden Fruit...

If its sold out, more people will want tickets. Then, as dregin said, the tickets will "appear out of the sky", and once again, after all the hype, these will go in a few weeks, as everyone will be afraid of "not getting a ticket".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭comet

apparently at 8:30 this morning they had sold 50,000.
    Surely it is some form of false advertising though to say a concert is sold out when it isn't? U2 have done the very same thing with the UK dates, every few days over the last month or so they have been releasing more tickets, absolutely ridiculous. Make the claim the gig is sold out, build the hype, release them again. I imagine they have scientific methods to maximise ticket sales.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭spartacus93

I'd to get two tickets for my brother this morning on the net. I got them at 8 but there was none of the usual waiting on the ticketmaster site. It was like i was the only one on it. When I got my U2 tickets i used be waiting, and waiting before the order went through, maybe ticketmaster got their act together or maybe they didnt sell that many this morning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭deisedolly

It' Eminem lads. Of course it sold out now in fairness! You may not like him but there are PLENTY of people who do and this shows it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,618 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

I got 4 tickets at 8am.
    I logged on again at 8.45 and 9.30am just to see and both times I could have bought another 6?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

deisedolly wrote:
    It' Eminem lads. Of course it sold out now in fairness! You may not like him but there are PLENTY of people who do and this shows it.
    im sure its sold out of all "available" tickets

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭ThE_IVIAcIVIAIV

im sure its sold all the tickets available too, even in my town of 3000 population over 300 people bought tickets, so think bout the rest of the country, easily done , i know more people who want tickets but its sold out and they are pissed off that they got no tickets lol

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

hmm, I supposed I have to factor in the fact that for every under 16 year old, you need an over 21 year old...
    That may have something to do with it...

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

whiskeyman wrote:
    hmm, I supposed I have to factor in the fact that for every under 16 year old, you need an over 21 year old...
    That may have something to do with it...
    What about the U-16 scumbags with their 5 kids in tow?

That's 1+1+5. 7 tickets. Poor Johnny's gonna have to fend for himself for the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

deisedolly wrote:
    and a bunch of other rappers too. every young scumbag will want to go. slane is a great day out for young lads. madonna was not suited to slane at all, so i didnt expect her overpriced show to sell out. i expect most people who went to see her were in their 30's and are not really interested in the boozy bus ride and 30-60mins trek to a big field being fed crap food and a choice of 2 drinks in plastic cups, women having to sit on a ring of faeces for a piss... but young lads love it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭Puff Puff Pass

Get over it lads all you rap haters were proven wrong this morning.
    50,000 sold by 8.30 and all 80,000 before 10am. I was online at 8.00am and got 6 but they're for my mates and my brother. I never try to make money off them by selling them

He could easily sell another day in a few hours and don't be surprised to see it happen.

No long haired *****s at Slane this year woo hoo!

Get over it lads all you rap haters were proven wrong this morning.
    50,000 sold by 8.30 and all 80,000 before 10am. I was online at 8.00am and got 6 but they're for my mates and my brother. I never try to make money off them by selling them

He could easily sell another day in a few hours and don't be surprised to see it happen.

No long haired *****s at Slane this year woo hoo!

WOHOO NO LONG HAIRED/UGLY NOSE RING SUM/GREEN/BLUE HAIRED SCUM/NO FAGS/NO DREADLOCK HIPPIES/NO SKATERS NO SURFERS NO ANTI RAP BSTARDS/NO ANTI COMMERCIAL MUSIC BSTARDS WOHOO WOHOO WOHOO WOHOOOOOOOOOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOH BAN ME ALREADY LMAO, THANK GOT ITS FRIDAY (TGIF) MUTHA FUKS DIE IN HELL YOU ANTI RAP BSTARDS, DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE LMAO, NO QUOTING ME AIGHT LIL BITCHES

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭BizzyC

WOHOO NO LONG HAIRED/UGLY NOSE RING SUM/GREEN/BLUE HAIRED SCUM/NO FAGS/NO DREADLOCK HIPPIES/NO SKATERS NO SURFERS NO ANTI RAP BSTARDS/NO ANTI COMMERCIAL MUSIC BSTARDS WOHOO WOHOO WOHOO WOHOOOOOOOOOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOH BAN ME ALREADY LMAO, THANK GOT ITS FRIDAY (TGIF) MUTHA FUKS DIE IN HELL YOU ANTI RAP BSTARDS, DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE LMAO, NO QUOTING ME AIGHT LIL BITCHES

:rolleyes:Whatever, have fun at slane dude.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

Right...

Doing bags and bags for the hip hop commuity there :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭Dizzyblabla

I'd to get two tickets for my brother this morning on the net. I got them at 8 but there was none of the usual waiting on the ticketmaster site. It was like i was the only one on it. When I got my U2 tickets i used be waiting, and waiting before the order went through, maybe ticketmaster got their act together or maybe they didnt sell that many this morning

I had to get them for my cousin, and had to wait about 40 mins, I was soo afraid I didn't get there on time, cause I didn't go online til about 8.05....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

BAN ME ALREADY LMAO

Done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

I got 12 tickets,think a few of the lads have pulled out now though!! :mad: :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭David19

dregin wrote:
    I'd say another load will appear out of the sky later on in the Summer tbh. There's absolutely no way eminem has sold 80,000 tickets in one day.

Eminem sold over 100,000 tickets within 2-3 hours the last time he was here. This was after they were released a day early without warning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

If ye all remember... he sold out faster than U2 in 2002, when they played Slane and he played the park!

Sure eminem and 50 cent are in Ireland considered the top rappers!

I got 12 tickets,think a few of the lads have pulled out now though!! :mad: :mad:

ill buy a few if they are ligit lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

no way is eminem at slane sold out. its just mcd is trying to make a hype out of it so then they can sell more tickets later. also there would be loads of buyers just trying to make some moey by selling them at a higher price

anyway whoever didnot get a ticket donot worry u will get one for face value as theres loads of time left.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭ledar

For anyone who is still interested they are available again through Ticketmaster. There seems to be a bit of this happening lately, noteably weezer. Sold out/back on sale/sold out...

http://tinyurl.com/7w5m2

Advertisement