Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

osx update

Options
  • 09-02-2015 10:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 20

HELLO EVERYONE.

Looking for some advise upgrading my osx my main program/daw is logic pro 9.
    I am currently on 10.6.08 and need to go as far as 10.7 to run maschine studio I have one of the early intel mac pros about 2007 or so.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated as Ive heard horror stories.

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 743 Mod ✭✭✭✭TroutMask

Hi Gaerjunkie! What else are you using apart from Logic 9? 10.7 is not really the way to go - Lion is not a great OS. Mac are not great about hosting legacy OS's anyway. We have Mavericks running all around and it seems fine with Logic 9. Just updating a laptop to Yosemite later and will get back to you about Logic 9 stability. Yosemite is a free OS update BTW

• Registered Users Posts: 20 gaerjunkie

Thanks for the reply,
    I,m using komplete 6 but may upgrade, trying to get maschine studio up and running i backed everything up last night using timemachine.
    Spent about 45min on the phone to apple last night and the guy told me 10.7 would be better than 10.8, not sure i trust he knows what he's talking about though, anyway i took a chance and ordered 10.7 a few minutes ago (before i saw your post). so confusing if i wasn't so invested in apple i dont think i'd bother again.
    i going to give 10.7 a whirl anyway just want to get jamming on my new toy.
    if it doesnt work i'll try a differnt one i suppose.

had a look to try and get mavericks but cant find it does anyone know where to get it?

i have a mac pro 1.1

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭peter05

Am still on 10.5.8 on a 2007 machine. The horror stories have stop me updating. alot of Logic issues started popping up on 10.6 so I never really went after it. Had no need really. I have plans to get a new imac in the summer.

Can you update from 10.5 dirctly to Yosemite or do you need the OSX before?

• Advertisement

dont know i'm affraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭PaulBrewer

Jj Vernon may be able to help .

need to get new graphics card, about 150e and I haven,t done it yet but here it is
    go to mac rumours and search for osx update for mac 1.1

and I going to donate to this guy too.

thank god for geeks.

Advertisement