Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BF4 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Bohrio

so I gave this game more than 1 week to see if things got better as although I was finally able to connect to lobbies I was having lots of issues with hit detection, random crashes etc... So I connected today to try to play one game and I can't connect to a single lobby...

Wow... I mean... seriously

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭D_turbo

miju wrote: »
    Does you xb1 power off completely? If it doesn't it would have downloaded the update already.

On another note had a good luck at the battlelog leaderboards. The amount of boardsies who are in top 10 in country for their different classes / vehicles is impresssive

Iv no idea tbh. ill check the settings,
    Not one single game will save on campaign.....Sicknin **** :(

D_turbo wrote: »
    Iv no idea tbh. ill check the settings,
    Not one single game will save on campaign.....Sicknin **** :(

Yeah... I had the same problem at the beginning as well.

After the last update I was able to save my progress and finish the game in campaign mode, quickly got all the multiplayer weapons achievements just in case the game will reset my progress again... it was very frustrating!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

Since the new patch i get dashboarded everytime i die in campaign and have to play from the start of the mission again. Absolute pain in the hole

• Registered Users Posts: 17,418 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

there's a fair few of us from your fifa 14 team. If you add the gamertags below you will run into the rest of people from here who play BF4 together.

Royal 1rish
    miju irl
    Failsafe 00
    in4ab8tin
    Gary guitar

sendt friend request from Airblazer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭goblin59

just got the game few days ago, has anyone else has their campaign save deleted for some reason when they turned their xbox on?

Bohrio wrote: »
    so I gave this game more than 1 week to see if things got better as although I was finally able to connect to lobbies I was having lots of issues with hit detection, random crashes etc... So I connected today to try to play one game and I can't connect to a single lobby...

Wow... I mean... seriously

Is your region set to europe in the server browser filter. If your connecting to US or AUS servers it would explain terrible connections and being kicked more often.

Is your region set to europe in the server browser filter. If your connecting to US or AUS servers it would explain terrible connections and being kicked more often.

Europe and USA east coast. If I select euro only I dont get more than 1-2 servers.. if.

But the problem happens while in quick match. Today I was able to play 1 capture the flag game (although I selected TDM) and another game which dashboarded. Since then I have been unable to start the game. I will start one day but so far it has been 10 minutes.

Most lobbies today for some reason seem to have a queue of 10-15 players. Havent seen that recently.

Edit: I have just been able to join a lobby, EU, at the moment I am spectating around 500 m below the surface and I am stuck there, I can't spawn, select my weapons, nothing. I am going back to my xbox 360 I had enough

Bohrio wrote: »
    Europe and USA east coast. If I select euro only I dont get more than 1-2 servers.. if.

But the problem happens while in quick match. Today I was able to play 1 capture the flag game (although I selected TDM) and another game which dashboarded. Since then I have been unable to start the game. I will start one day but so far it has been 10 minutes.

Most lobbies today for some reason seem to have a queue of 10-15 players. Havent seen that recently.

Edit: I have just been able to join a lobby, EU, at the moment I am spectating around 500 m below the surface and I am stuck there, I can't spawn, select my weapons, nothing. I am going back to my xbox 360 I had enough

The queues all evening were ridiculous and the worst thing was it says theres 5+ free spots in the game then you get put into a queue of 10.
    Its an exceptionally frustrating game but that one game in every hundred when it works its great

The queues all evening were ridiculous and the worst thing was it says theres 5+ free spots in the game then you get put into a queue of 10.
    Its an exceptionally frustrating game but that one game in every hundred when it works its great

It reminds me of a car I had once, when it worked I would win my heart, unfortunately 99% of the time it didnt.

I pay 30K for it and sold it for 4K with a broken engine/electrics. It was not worth it. It seems I havent learn my lesson

The queue is unreal... I can't find a lobby with less than 12 people in the queue. And after waiting for a few minutes when it is my turn or close to my turn I get disconnected... why do I still try to play this game.. why, and I have premium...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭backthephilup

goblin59 wrote: »
    just got the game few days ago, has anyone else has their campaign save deleted for some reason when they turned their xbox on?
    Its happened to me twice on my Xbox 360 and twice since I have got my Xbox One. Have given up on the campaign. Can't connect to a single game in multiplayer the last few days either.......

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Games have been super over the last week, it's great to finally see a good few boards players getting into the servers. Some of the games have been intense. Lag seems to appear briefly, then disappear.

I played a few rounds of domination with Major Nelson last night. It was a west US server and shockingly enough there was no lag.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,293 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Games have been super over the last week, it's great to finally see a good few boards players getting into the servers. Some of the games have been intense. Lag seems to appear briefly, then disappear.

I played a few rounds of domination with Major Nelson last night. It was a west US server and shockingly enough there was no lag.

but when the lag appears by god it always pick the worst time for me.

otherwise ya games have been good last night was my first night playing properly with a group of lads. it was good crack

only problem i have was having to turn off because i had work the next morning

Double XP at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

I've had Battlefield 4 for the Xbox One since Christmas day. I think I've played about 7 enjoyable games in that time. I have clocked up 3 hours in gameplay, and I would say about the same waiting in queue's to join a server, it is completely stunning how Dice and EA let this happen.

When I try to join by quick match I get an error message, when I use the server browser it seems the only game mode I really enjoy, Conquest, the bloody flagship gamemode for BF is the only one I can't join, and also, there are no normal servers available, only hardcore servers.

Did the patch do anything or was it actually worse than this before? It's unbearable.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Its actually better I'm afraid. Had a look on their forums, turns out alot of the European servers are in Dallas. Also Ireland players in general have been connected to East US servers as opposed to the ones designated for Europeans

I just checked battlelog. I have a little over 80 hours played since launch.

This would have been a lot more if there wasn't server issues. I stay well clear of quick match selection due to the horrible servers it places me in.

I use server browser sometimes on the battlelog app. It functions great with the xbox one. You can join a server on the app and then on your xbox you will join the server. I use the game browser also.

I pick European servers and make sure the ping is good. What I have noticed is that lag is more map related rather than server related. The same maps seem to kick up a bit of lag and then in the following map the game may be running perfectly. We normally enter a server and give it a round or 2 to see if the lag subsides.

The best advice I can give you is to team up and search for a server. Trying to lone gun it in battlefield is a miserable experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭backthephilup

Anyone have a list of decent servers? My battlelog doesn't seem to work......
    Thanks

I just checked battlelog. I have a little over 80 hours played since launch.

This would have been a lot more if there wasn't server issues. I stay well clear of quick match selection due to the horrible servers it places me in.

I use server browser sometimes on the battlelog app. It functions great with the xbox one. You can join a server on the app and then on your xbox you will join the server. I use the game browser also.

I pick European servers and make sure the ping is good. What I have noticed is that lag is more map related rather than server related. The same maps seem to kick up a bit of lag and then in the following map the game may be running perfectly. We normally enter a server and give it a round or 2 to see if the lag subsides.

The best advice I can give you is to team up and search for a server. Trying to lone gun it in battlefield is a miserable experience.

Finding that out the hard way. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

I've created a new XBL account, my new GT is Flava Sanchez 9 if anyone would care to add me. Not that it makes any difference because I have only had one game of BF MP since I got it last week.

I'll add the GT's I find in this thread

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Finding that out the hard way. :o

feel free to join us , the gamertags are listed earlier the more the merrier

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Yer all fückers though!! :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Yer all fückers though!! :pac:

ah yeah but still more ****ers[/] the better :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

ah yeah but still more ****ers[/] the better :)

epic

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I've created a new XBL account, my new GT is Flava Sanchez 9 if anyone would care to add me. Not that it makes any difference because I have only had one game of BF MP since I got it last week.

I'll add the GT's I find in this thread

Added ya there,looking forward to getting back into this again. Went on a bit of a back catalogue clearout over Xmas so going to start putting some time in.

Added yourself, Royal 1rish and Failsafe there. My gamertag is my username.

Also, have the servers improved? I had no trouble earlier today and got some good games in.

Here is video I made in Upload Studio with a few highlights from the weekend. :D

This is why you shouldn't ditch choppers to get to high spots in BF4.
    The chopper may just come back to kill you. :D

Really enjoying Upload Studio myself, wanted a feature like that for ages.

Didn't even realise I was in your lads server tonight, on the receiving end of a beatdown until I switched teams and then commenced beating down. Good fun!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Really enjoying Upload Studio myself, wanted a feature like that for ages.

Didn't even realise I was in your lads server tonight, on the receiving end of a beatdown until I switched teams and then commenced beating down. Good fun!

Yeah some good games tonight alright. I had fun in Shanghai clearing the rooftops of pesky snipers with the little bird. Big thanks to Failsafe for repairing me when some of the buildings crashed into me.

Advertisement