Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pimp My Vinyl Player

Options
  • 21-02-2011 12:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,934 ✭✭✭

Picked up one of these recently - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Zyon-Wooden-Turntable-Record-Cassette/dp/B003CGW95S/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1298286361&sr=8-1

The sound is ok but I'd love to get some nice speakers put in and maybe a audio line out too put in... anyone know any fella round town who could do this up for me and not hang onto the thing for months?

I let a mate look at it who is in the know and he reckons it's a one day job... however trying to pin him down has been a nightmare and I've given up on him (plus when he opened it up he dislodged the kill-switch slightly so now the needle stops prematurely before an album is over sometimes)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭natnifnolnacs

leakyboots wrote: »
    Picked up one of these recently - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Zyon-Wooden-Turntable-Record-Cassette/dp/B003CGW95S/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1298286361&sr=8-1

The sound is ok but I'd love to get some nice speakers put in and maybe a audio line out too put in... anyone know any fella round town who could do this up for me and not hang onto the thing for months?

I let a mate look at it who is in the know and he reckons it's a one day job... however trying to pin him down has been a nightmare and I've given up on him (plus when he opened it up he dislodged the kill-switch slightly so now the needle stops prematurely before an album is over sometimes)

I'm not sure of someone that can do it up for you, but a mate of mine bought one recently which looks very similar to that one. He had exactly the same problem with the needle cutting off prematurely...your mate may not have dislodged, it might just be a problem with it! Maybe send them an email asking about it?

Advertisement