Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dustin Says No

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Wow.

On a serious note though as Dustin, or whoever is behind him, is an employee of RTE does that not exhibit a bias onthe part of a state funded body??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

bigkev49 wrote: »
    Wow.

On a serious note though as Dustin, or whoever is behind him, is an employee of RTE does that not exhibit a bias onthe part of a state funded body??

Well the puppeteer owns dustin and he is a private citizen who is allowed to express his opinion. He can't use public funds to do it however.

This is typical of the level of debate brought by some disparate groups with little logic behind their views.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

god damn, I hate the Irish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Yikes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭zig

embarrassing alright, I was all for dustin in the ridiculous song contest, I thought it was even a great statement but when it comes to this its a bit much

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭VoidStarNull

Presumably Sinn Fein and Libertas will make it a pre-condition of their "re-negotiation" proposals that Dustin be re-instated in the Eurovision.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

this is far from embarrassing.

this is fricking genius...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭Rhonda9000

The glove puppet's song Irelande Douze Pointe received too few points from Europeans in the Belgrade contest.

No campaigners say that result last month should be avenged by rejection of the EU's Lisbon Treaty.

This bullsh1t makes me sick to the pit of my stomach. What's wrong with formulating decent arguments against the Treaty that aren't based on misinformation, misinterpretation or scandal.

I would not be so alarmed if such desperate tactics didn't fall on deaf ears. All we get from the no side are an extremist man heading up a political party that until recently kept its own army, uncompromising power-clingers looking to uphold a status quo that happens to be imbalanced in our favour and at the expense of 496 million others, scaremongers more partial to a Constitution that thinks all women should be housewives and -if that didnt beat all- a terminally unsuccessful Eurovision 'entertainer'.

No side- how low can you go?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnnyq

Rhonda9000 wrote: »
    This bullsh1t makes me sick to the pit of my stomach. ?

I concur, there are plenty of proper serious reasons to vote no anyway.

This came up on Gerry Ryan (or Ray Darcy one of them) a few weeks ago where the actor behind dustin denounced the posters and are in fact totally unrelated to those behind dustin.

Look for quotes from dustin in that article and you will find there are none.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭ircoha

ntlbell wrote: »
    this is far from embarrassing.

this is fricking genius...
    +1 as it evades the local ban on publicity

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭FionnMatthew

Well I come
    from a nation
    what knows how to ratify a treaty
    Ireland
    where did it all go wrong?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Well I come
    from a nation
    what knows how to ratify a treaty
    Ireland
    where did it all go wrong?
    What?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Rhonda9000 wrote: »
    This bullsh1t makes me sick to the pit of my stomach. What's wrong with formulating decent arguments against the Treaty that aren't based on misinformation, misinterpretation or scandal.

I would not be so alarmed if such desperate tactics didn't fall on deaf ears. All we get from the no side are an extremist man heading up a political party that until recently kept its own army, uncompromising power-clingers looking to uphold a status quo that happens to be imbalanced in our favour and at the expense of 496 million others, scaremongers more partial to a Constitution that thinks all women should be housewives and -if that didnt beat all- a terminally unsuccessful Eurovision 'entertainer'.

No side- how low can you go?

Wow on that basis the yes side is supported by a party who once kept it's own army that fought against the Irish free state in a civil war and killed it's own people and it's last 2 major leaders have most likely been extremely corrupt and just looked after themselves yet gotten away with it because their allies are in power. See we can all play the "point out the political parties flaws game" cause they all have them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Seriously.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement