Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Request RE: Book

• 17-07-2014 4:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

I was going to PM this to a moderator but I can not seem to find one for this forum. So if this type of post or any elements of it are not allowed I will make my apologies and remove it.

I am currently writing a book about my fathers battle with Alzheimers. Diagnosed at 58, died aged 66. I want to share with people how we supported him, how he lived, the obstacles we faced along the way (especially with healthcare), the good times the bad times and eventually the end. It's an upfront honest book that will tell people what they should prepare themselves for if they have either been diagnosed with ALZ or they are a carer, member of the family, friends, etc.

We had no indication of how to deal with this when he was diagnosed or what would happen. Almost everything was self taught. The books and pamphlets were very clinical, which of course they can be because ALZ is unpredictable.

I would like to invite - if permission is provided - to ask those of you out there caring for someone with Alzheimer's to share your experience with me if you are up for it. Your names can be changed if you don't wish to share them publicly and anything I write around people's stories I will privately give access to the material so they are satisfied with the way it has been told.

Please feel free to DM me if you wish to share and I will give you my email address.

Again, apologies if this goes against the rules.

Advertisement